Home

Freezing Unit's

Guest General Oskirka

Guest General Oskirka

I am curious how to freeze muliple unit's so I may have an army approach a base with the unit's in a certain formation. Can anybody help with this problem.

I.E. I am making a certain senario where I need my strom troopers to approach a base and have five rebel troopers there, if I do not have a freeze command they just start wandering.

hmmm...interesting...I would have to delve into the editor on that one BUT I THINK I HAVE A SOLUTION RIGHT NOW!!!

Okay when you come in sight of the rebel base set up a trigger that once it is seen it creates the enemy troopers in the base...so they will be right where you want them when you want them...

Guest General Oskirka

Thanks I am trying that now but the Area box just isn't that uhhh "form Fitting" to the path I have them on, I kinda want the troops to be there like in the Droid Federation Senario were you have to destroy those three cities. You know how the units are just sitting there waiting for you to come attack and then they fight back, that's what I'm looking for. But at the moment I am messing around with the Bring Object to area command.

Guest Stan|SCN Punk

Well, it is possible but difficult to create an AI that will respond to a trigger and until a trigger tells it to it will stay dormant. What you really want to do is to have a "dummy" player, whose units all stand around doing nothing, and a real player with the standard or your own custom AI that does all the building and defending.

The Immobile Units AI will allow you to freeze a player from moving. The units will still attack unit that comes within its LOS though.

http://scnpunk.com/swpunk/immobilegold.zip

Installation help can be found here: http://scnpunk.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?121

Archived