Home

Another Quake 3 Game? (Dissapointed player)

SS_Foxy

Hello:

I was visiting an anonimous clan today and i found out that actually: some of their members are dissapointed with the game.

They say Raven just created a "copy of Quake III" and screwed up the original game aspects. I'm just being a messanger, i haven't even played the game myself yet.

Just posting this so you guys can give your opinions on this, they have wrote a list of Screw ups

List of Screw-ups:

Weapons suck

Graphics aren't even as good as UT

Graphics are jerky and give me a wicked headache (note: I've got a hot machine as well as an ATI Radeon 7500, one of the supported cards, so the graphics shouldn't be jerky)

Game takes forever to load

They screwed up force jump so that now you have to hold down the jump button to get a full jump

Sabering looks cool, but underneath, it's identical to JK. I was in a number of multiplayer games and people are just running around waving their sabers... what a waste of time

Get stuck on walls and other things just like in all Quake III games. This is probably the worst side effect from the Quake III engine. All games using that engine seem to have that problem

What do you think?

All of that is 100%, absolutely, totaly... WRONG.

Weapons are FANTASTIC.

Graphics are AMAZING (not as good as UT? Give me a break. These rival Max Payne. The people quite obviously have a crappy PC that can't handle the game.)

etc. etc. etc.

This game, as I see it, is as good as a game can get nowdays. It's simply amazing.

Jedi Outcast is nothing like Quake III.

I might agree with people saying games like Return To Castle Wolfenstein used to be QuakeIII'ish (due to interface and various sound effects), nothing like that in JO. It's all new. They use the same engine. Duh. If you want people to program their own engine for games,

1) Game will take much longer

2) will look crap (Ie: Renegade)

Well personally I disagree with what those people said, and I will give you my opinion ;)

The only bad thing about the weapons is there is a little to much splash damage that can't really be blocked by the saber, other than that the weapons are fantastic, det packs are a riot. The sniper rifle, im in love with it (if you thank an AWP from CS is powerful? well can it totally disentengrate your target ;) )

Graphics aren't as good as UT...ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Have they even played the game, witnessed a saber fight? Obviously they must have seen the original JK...not JK2

The only time the graphics were jerky on me is when i had 4x FSAA on and volumetric shadows with everything turned up. Without those on it ran smooth as silk, smoother than MoH:AA did. And it has for some weird reason gave me a bit of motion sickness in the SP a time or two. But only in the SP.

The game taking forever to load must be a bug with some drivers or something like that. Quicksaves load in 5 seconds flat, initially loading a level takes anywhere from 30seconds to 55 seconds at the longest for me.

If I remember correctly even in JK you could hold down the force jump key for various lengths of time to acheive a higher/lower jump.

Yea some people do just run around and swing the sabers like a madman. But then again those people die incredibly quickly to someone who times their attacks and knows what they are doing. And in a deul this RARELY happens. They just need to find a server that isn't totally infested with newbs ;) Saber fighting is great, espically with the Reborn in SP. You will never forget those battles :)

I have never been stuck on a wall...

What do YOU think? ;)

EDIT: Woot I'm no longer bantha fodder! ;)

I agree with Poe. The only reason why the games take long to load are that the textures are (at highest detail) 1024X1024 in size. these fckers are HUGE. And it shows. This game is georgious. And the graphics are soooooooo much better than UT. They don't even compare. And jerky? Update your drivers, GFX card and agp drivers, motherboard drivers etc etc. And having an ati radeon 7500 is not a hot PC. An 8500 is on the other hand. Dude, just play the game for yourself. Don't even believe anyone on this forum, least of all me. I mean, it's just my opinion. I love the game. Just go out and get it and form your own opinion. I don't think you'll be dissapointed.

Edit- Hey! 9 more posts and I'm a pit droid too!

I agree with the above replies. The grahpics are far superior to any game out (okay maybe not FAR superior). The textures are larger than RtCW or MoH:AA, the models are AWESOME. The shadows are jacked, but it is afterall only Q3 (compared to new engines). The swamp level was great, although a bit slow; but you can't make something that complex and expect to get 120 FPS. Take Ghost Recon's out door envirnments for example, with the detail jacked up they look absolutly INCREDIBLE, yet my average FPS on my GF3 Ti 200 is around 40-50 FPS.

About the guns...they are lots better than most games, while some seem a bit useless in MP, like that Jawa gun, they certantly don't hurt the gameplay. I thought the forcefields were pretty nifty, great for sniping behind. And those remote turrets are great, too! OMG I love those. I love the det packs too, those are great!

[/rant]

Hey, I have a question.

How come it's only the people who don't like the game who decide to come on the main forum and ***** about it?

I mean, look at the poll: only about 8% don't like the game.

If you don't like it AT ALL, I don't see why you just don't go away.

Minority whiners, if you ask me.

Originally posted by Razarblade

I don't care what some lamer clan thinks about the game, this game is better than any other game out, period.

...or at least better than any games using the quake3 engine right now

Originally posted by Eternity

Hey, I have a question.

How come it's only the people who don't like the game who decide to come on the main forum and ***** about it?

I mean, look at the poll: only about 8% don't like the game.

If you don't like it AT ALL, I don't see why you just don't go away.

Minority whiners, if you ask me.

well ... sometimes i feel they are just offering the other side of the opinion chart, not necesarily ranting but offering reasons why they feel the game fell short ...

but i think the guys you are talking about are the ones who post like

"OMFG this game blows, how stupid is Raven?" and then dont even say y it sucks or give an example of how to correct the issue they have ...

:fett:

Well, i can sort of see where the original poster is coming from. Don't get me wrong, I love JK2 almost as much as the original, but come on, noone would say it's perfect. I was kind of disapointed with some of the weapons. I think the electromagnetic pulse gun is kinda lame as well as the secondary fire for the imperial repeater. It just seems out of place. Also, where the hell are the conc rifle and rail detonator?!!!! Just doesn't seem like jedi knight without 'em. Otherwise, i love the disruptor and like the fact that the put in trip mines and the det packs. I am kinda pissed off i needed to get special drivers to get it to run right on my Voodoo 3. After that though my load times were extremely fast. Silly Quake players... remember the good old days with all the Quake vs JK debates....

Best game I ever played. period. And ive played alot.

Best use of the Q3ta engine ive seen as well. And I wasnt even a fan.

Maybe Im less jaded than some but ive never played with a saber and force powers. Very fun.

The graphics are great also considering how well it runs. I have a good machine but MOHAA runs way worse than this game.

This game is so deep ,well thought out and executed compared to any other FPS type game ive played.

My load times( despite what ive heard) are 15 seconds and thats a fresh load. Not a problem as far as im concerned.

I have so many fun memorable moments from this game.

And im pretty jaded towards games usually.

I gotta agree, it's a cool game, you can do so many cool things you can't do in other fps's. I love wallwalking and kicking down my enemies in duels. The only thing that I'd really like to say is, I despise this kinda multiplayer, call me strange but man, I love counter strike team play where when you die you fu ckin stay dead. I can't stand dying then getting up over and over and over... I also like knowing where my enemies will be at a certain point in time. That's why I like starting insertions. For this reason, I just don't have alotta fun in multiplayer :mad:

Man,

I tell ya, some people wouldn't know quality gaming if it came up behind them and ionised their skull with one swipe.

In case some of the dicks on this thread haven't noticed but pretty much most games have been created with the Quake3 engine base.

It's a good engine. Name me one game other than this one that was ****e because of this "crappy graphics engine"???

None, RtCW kicked ass, except for storyline and the fact that you can camp your ass off.

Quake3 itself bled beauty and grace.

And now, JKII graces your computer screens and you all whine and *****. Come back and tell me you hate when you run it on a faster PC, better graphics card and faster internet connection. Jedi *****es!!!!!

Today, it should all be about realism. Whether or not you can put yourself in their world and feel what they're feeling, see what they're seeing and yes.....even get hurt when they get hurt.

I tell ya, I can't imagine the comments when VR becomes a reality.

Think about it, when you can step into the shoes of Kyle Katarn or Luke Skywalker and battle with a lightsabre, jump like they do, force power like they do, breath, walk, talk and do just as they do, you won't even want to run back to mummy's hem of her skirt. You'll be too busy battling 2 or three jedi at a time.

I give a big Middle FINGER to all those whinging little *****es (oh and 8 year olds who are never satisfied. I play against them all the time in DoD and CS.):atat:

DANGER WILL ROBBENSON DANGER! TROLL ALERT! naravoes or whoever the hell you are right now:rolleyes: we flame qyou. we ban you. we tell you stfu. WHY CANT YOU TAKE A HINT??? flame me if you like i dont care, i am just fed up with you; if you hate this game that much DONT PLAY IT!

/me puts on aspestos underware:cool:

btw 5 bucks says that when i startyed this reply i was first behind you, 37 peaple will have posted by now:D

Jeez.... what a f'in loser, that navaros guy... JK2 is easily one of the best games I've ever played, and believe me, I've played them all. Over 150 games in my computer right now. I'm even spending more time on it than on the WarCraft III official beta right now, and I love that game/series to death (DF/JK also being my favorites, back when they first came out).

Choppiness in multiplayer?? LOL!!! I'm running at 70-130 FPS (with everything MAXED on 1280x1024x32) in most multiplayer games!! What the HELL are you talking about??

I'm relatively new to these forums, though I've been lurking for a while, but even I can see that you're nothing but a worthless troll, and a crappy one at that. You don't even make any sense.

About the lag in SP: It's due to a bug associated with loading saved games. Try making a new game, and load your game from there. This will work only once, then you have to create a new game again. This is the only problem I have with JK2, and I refuse to play it until it gets fixed (not because I hate it, but because I don't want the low framerates to ruin the experience).

Give me a break. These rival Max Payne

Rival? The graphics make Max Payne look like... crap. The only thing that Paynes graphics really had going were good textures and spectacular rendering. JO has better textures, though not as good rendering. They took all the problems with quakes graphics (bland and colorless) and threw them out the window and upped the polycount.

Actually I think that this is what Max Payne SHOULD have been, minus the shootdodging. Its like they ripped off the MP kungfu mod ;)

These people complaining are... well... they need something better to do.

That or else this is a test by the original poster to see how outraged wed get at a bunc hof absurd comments ;)

(it wasnt though... right? Because if it was wed have ot kick your ass)

wow... the things said in the origonal post's were so much bs that im not sure if that guy was playing the same game as me.

First of all .. the graphics is based on the quake 3 engine.. so when you say the graphics suck, your saying the graphics suck on medal of honor, Quake 3 arena, and wolfenstien all at once... and most people have good stable experiences with this engine.. so everything negative mentioned about it.. just confuses me, esp

how he mentioned problems getting stuck in the wall... ive been playing this game almost nonstop since it came out and i havent once gotten stuck on a wall... and sabre fighter is much better than the origonal jk.. you can kill in 1 to 2 hits if you use heavy fighting style.. the combos, and spins and different styles make it much better

uhoh hear comes the "nazi this" and "nazi that" 8u115#!t whats that i hear? it sounds like a can of woupass being craked open..........:D

/me checks hunting lisense" yep got that troll rating renewed on time, hear thay taste just like gnome:D "

Archived