Home

Episode 2

JediMasterEd

Guest Gamma732

Ahh ok good. I'm a newbie and I'm from NJ....its kind of causes me to be more gullable then others hehe

But the X-wing series was my favorite non-Zahn written series. Its too bad they don't come out with any more "Tales of the..." books. I believe Tales from the Empire was based on short stories taken from a SW RPG magazine, but I recall the Editor's note saying that the magazine was cancelled shortly after the publication of the book. Hopefully they'll come out with another...theres the great thing about SW, you can always add on to it pretty much anywhere on the timeline.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being from 'jeresy makes you gullible? :) And your hardly a newbie, you have a hundred and some posts.

So are you a big Zahn fan?

Guest Gamma732

He's a really good author. It takes a very very good book to get me to read it twice and I read the Thrawn triligoy twice. Him and Mike Stackpole are my favorites, even though one of them is fat and bald ;)

That is truely amazing...you're one of the very, very few people that doesn't know at least 1 'Joisey' joke. And no, I do not have a Joe Pesci type accent, nor do I have a life similar to that portrayed on The Sopranos

Guest Gamma732

Of course...took me well over a year since I was so cheap I hadda wait for paperbacks, though. I've read every EU and NJO book to date......cept that new one, you know, the one that kills off Lando? :p

Hmmm....just curious, but do you know what part of NJ he's from? I've been in a few college programs this summer so I know people from all over the state now. He wouldn't happen to talk like this, would he?

"Yeah, yeah, ok, ok, ok, ok, yeah, ok, ok, yeah, ok" -Every Joe Pesci movie

:)Man paperbacks are the way to go! Why spend 20 bucks on a book you might not like!

No, he actually moved out here (California).

Guest Gamma732
Originally posted by Kvan

:)Man paperbacks are the way to go! Why spend 20 bucks on a book you might not like!

Why? I'll tell you why, when I got Balance Point in hardcover I.................was soo bored, you wouldn't believe it. :p I should shut up before I get an author in here bashing me heheh

Wow, its like a chatroom almost...where is everyone?? Its 2am, last time I was here at this time, everyone was on.

Well they all know Leon comes on soon.

Ok, back on topic (because I don't want to get yelled at ;) ) Do you or anyone else know where a pic of Maces purple saber is?

Guest Gamma732

Sorry to say, nope...back on topic..now what was that? Ah, yes, I wrote a rather lengthy post on it...heheh. Well, in the words of a very "special" guy, "...that's all I've got to say 'bout that." Well, at least till someone comes in here telling me I'm a fool for disliking E1 so. I do hope someone comments on that, I hadda type that post twice because my AOL crashed after typing it the first time :(

yes, sticking with the topic, i thought E1 was good to watch, but certain scenes were a total turnoff. i wasn't feeling jar jar biggs as someone exemplifying characters of the star wars saga: he was a joke pretty much. but i gotta disagree on the darth maul part, i thought that he brought an interesting twist to the whole jedi/sith realm.

as anakin approaches his vision to the dark side in these final two episodes, i'm hoping these movies are a little more of a serious nature than it was in E1.

I think Episode 3 will HAVE to have a dark atmosphere to it! Episode 2 I think will be the conversion point from light hearted to dark and grim.

Guest Gamma732

I'm 17, my parents are paying for it and letting me use it nearly 24/7, I'm not disturbing that balance ;)

Whoa! Someone thats not me or Kvan! Welcome!! ;)

Yes, Jar Jar was a total joke, as were most Gungan related moments. I don't recall trashing Maul. I think he was pretty good, with the exception being his serious lack of lines/meaningful non-combat scenes. I'm glad to see someone else that hopes for more seriousness! :)

Guest Gamma732

Ohhh.....so thats why their thinking of dressing Anakin in a neon green suit and a hat with a feather in it ;)

Well, I'm just glad Leo DiCaprio isnt playing Anakin, I remember wayyyy back when that rumor was going around. Alright, now lets never speak of that evil rumor ever again.

Guest Gamma732

Oh I could see him weilding the lightsabre, you and I could probably weild one. However, just like us, he'd probably end up severing an arm or something. If he was in the movie, it would be proof that money and marketing has gotten into the SW franchise.

Guest Gamma732

End? No, they'd work a huge, drawn out wedding scene where Leo and Amidala dance romantically to some second rate pop slow song........And we all know that if they give into the girl audience w/Mr DiCaprio, they'd have to put Britney or someone like her in there somewhere just to get the drooling guy market. Thats sad. Almost every media has given into that. I'm incrediably happy to say, while SW may have given into the younger audiences and toned down the seriousness, they have NOT given in and toned down the standards of good taste associated with the movies. Don't worry, I won't go off on the entertainment industry. Its waaayyyy too late ;)

now that's sad. to draw into the entertainment market even more, leo's groomsmen would be the backstreet boys and amidala's girls would include the likes of jennifer lopez, jennifer love hewitt, and christina aguilera. we may have thought that episode I could have been a little better, but at least it didn't get this bad people.........

Guest Gamma732

The only bad casting rumor I've heard was the one about Leo DiCaprio. Luckily. And thanks to Jay now I'm going to have nightmares about a SW movie with Jennifer Lopez in it *shudder*. I'm sorry, but someone with the stage name J-Lo is NOT SW material. Jennifer Love Hewitt isn't as bad(but still isn't right)....but Christina's the same as J-Lo and Brittany :barf:

Just think how long my disgruntled posts would get if that was to happen ;)

Archived