Home

new skin with soundset: Dark Jedi Kueller (skullface) from 'The New Rebellion'

Zahriel Omega

I personally have all the skinning ability of a dead bantha so I thought maybe I should hand this idea to someone who knows what their doing, You said about the disembodied heads and the like, using that it should be possible to create Maw from Jedi Knight I, I'd do it but like I said above I'm uselsess.

Originally posted by Eddie4000

I personally have all the skinning ability of a dead bantha so I thought maybe I should hand this idea to someone who knows what their doing, You said about the disembodied heads and the like, using that it should be possible to create Maw from Jedi Knight I, I'd do it but like I said above I'm uselsess.

Hmm well reading some posts about people who've been using invisible avatars classed as cheating, I'm not sure they'd let you.

I'm quite willing to have a go at a Maw skin for you just for fun if you like but as I said the responses for serious netplay could be dodgy.

Watch this space.

Still watching this space?

I could very much do it but i haven't got any effort left at the moment and i'm gonna be on holiday next week so no computerage for me.

It'd be easy to do just time is the limitation, unfortunately time is one thing i haven't got at the moment.

I'll be looking to skin Dark Jedi's from books and past games in a week or so but til then i'm just gonna put my feet up and light a cigarette.

xxx

Originally posted by SpyCatcher

Thank you for the skin, but I must share with you it causes my system to crash when I select it. Any ideas how to fix?

Hmmm, has anyone else had this problem?

I've tested it rather thoroughly and it works fine as far as I know.

If anyone who reads this has the skin working fine or it crashes their system please post here. (And also if you've had the same problem with your own creations with possible fixes)

Originally posted by Silent_Thunder

Nice skin :).

What skin modeling program did you use?

I haven't ever made any skins or mods ect, but I'd like to start skinning... Does anyone know what program I would start with, or do you have any pointers I would find helpfull when I start?

Thanks.

Basically all you need is a copy of JK2, an okayish photo editing package and a free download.

Just read this, it'll get you started, http://www.jediknightii.net/edit_mpskins.shtml

(there's a link at the bottom of that page for the free download)

Originally posted by Evan Nash

Found a bug...

The game crashes when it loads up the skin in MP mode...

I tried it 3 times it crashed...

Deleted the pk3 file, and it worked fine.

=/

Something wrong with your file.

hmm does anyone know what kinda compression should be used on a pk3 file? it's on maximum which could be the problem.

strange thing is it worked fine for me and noone else has posted the same problems. I'll look into it but I really don't know if there's gonna be much I can do.

Sorry guys, it was a nice idea + i had a lot of fun making it and getting feedback.

I'll get back to it when more skins are released so i can look at what they've done with them.

If the skin does work dfor anyone please post here and let me know.

Thanku.

Originally posted by Evan Nash

It didn't crash when the file was 4MB

It did when it was 600K

Put back the 4MB version and I'll try that.

Lookin at it it probably started crashing when i had to put everything in a different folder to the reborn, to fix the sound overwrite problem.

Hmmm i could just do it without sounds and it'll work fine.

Okay i probably won't be working on skins through the next week because i'm gonna be busy with personal life. I'll come back and do it rightaway though.

Stay Beau x

;D

Originally posted by Chanke4252

I hate the EU also, its a mix of bad writing and loopholes combined to create a perfect pile of crap.

EU? Haha I thought you meant European Union.

~it all becomes clear now after a few seconds of thought~

Either way you've probably summed up both perfectly.

But I have read quite a few good Ext. Universe books and they did manage to hold my interest so I can't say anything bad.

These books bring people happiness and stop them from being bored, so it's better than some other popular pastimes of modern civilisation.

;D

I was crashing for me so I tried a few things

first I removed the sounds and repacked the model and still it crashed

then I replaced the animsounds.cfg and sounds.cfg with the ones for the reborn and walla it works. Im not gonna take my time going thru these files but its obvious that that is where the problem is.

Originally posted by Hitogeki

I was crashing for me so I tried a few things

first I removed the sounds and repacked the model and still it crashed

then I replaced the animsounds.cfg and sounds.cfg with the ones for the reborn and walla it works. Im not gonna take my time going thru these files but its obvious that that is where the problem is.

Hmmm i'm not promising anything but i've just done one quick update based on your findings. should be on the server in a couple minutes.

"and luke....... thanks"

Originally posted by PsiSilverthorn

Ok...I gues you were talking from the same link...I tried it and the crash is now gone. Cool skin

~jumps about and has a massive partyyyyyyy~ biggrinspin.gif

it's a shame i couldn't keep the new sound set, it was rather ghoulish. mwahaha!!

maybe i'll release a v 2.0 (with sounds and a bit more decoration) one day when i learn a bit more.

Archived