Home

Possible Bug: Stormtroopers (not) recovering their weapons

Halowse

I was playing around with a large group of stormtroopers in SP and I used ForcePull to disarm them, but instead of killing them, I just let them run around for a minute to see what they would do.

I noticed that they were smart enough to (try to) run away from me... that was good.

I also noticed that they would run and pick up their weapons if they could.

(Big) But... once they picked up their gun, they would not use it... in fact, they do not even show it, they just collect them like they are picking up AMMO. They continue to run around empty-handed, even though I heard the "picking up weapon" sound effect when they picked up the gun, (and of course, the weapon disappears from the level).

Is this the same in everybody's version? I just want to know if it's me, because I have used the dismemberment mod and done some other tinkering and thought perhaps I broke this part of the game.

Do your stormtroopers (or any other SP enemy) ever go for their "pulled" weapon and use it?

If not, this is a pretty big bug and should be fixed. It is really easy already to disarm enemies as it is, they should at least try to protect themselves.

Mine always seem to pick it up then not fire it, or just not get a chance to, i disarm most of them, then stand there with my saber, and as they run to me they catch themselves on my saber and get dismembered!!! Evr noticed how imperial officers never let go of there weapon, even if you pull thier nuts off!!! lol and when they die they drop an E111 even though they have thier own gun type!!!

Yea I noticed that too. In one of the doom giver missions after I beat the game I spawned about 30 stormtroopers in a hanger and just killed them in various ways. Whenever I got to about 10 I pulled their weapons away, they ran around cleaned the whole floor of the 30 weapons and never even fired a shot at me after they picked the guns up :(

BUG...

They should at least tried like fisting Kyle, but with the prospect of becoming saber-shish-cabob I dont think so...

Maybe they should have some sort of secondary stashed in taht utility belt. I read in my SW encyclo Stormtroopers have a MINI therm detonator. WHY DONT THEY USE THOSE THOSE IDIOTS!

Archived