Home

Listen People-the Only Thing In The World That Is Cheap Is At Wal Mart

Mafia_Jabba

LMAO if you are so FOR opinions then i can't voice MINE that everyone who thinks something is cheap should'nt speak! I am entitled to my opinion by your standards eh? hmmm...Am I not a citizen of the United States, am I not a man! am i not human!

and

dude... dan-o2

u need to realize that I actually think about what i say before i post. He said i tell EVERYONE to STFU...when naturally i am only telling the people who say this is cheap and that is cheap. Ok...and u proved it by posting my quotes lmao...thanks man!

and Stormhammer...how do U know that someone or someone didn't call me cheap...it never happened to me before but the reason for this post was the constant times it was said HERE...ok DAD!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by D66

StormHammer: What I find Rude and insulting is players who conduct the type of behavior that Mafia_Jabba is talking about. I doubt any one who has put THOUGHT into it would disagree (Excluding the 12yr old JefK's out there) So as a Moderator who is DEFENDING opinions.... Why are you so quick to attack his?

I am not attacking his opinion at all - to which he is perfectly entitled as anyone else is - but the way in which he chooses to express it...by ranting at the rest of this community. If you feel strongly about something, then of course you are entitled to post about it. However, it would help if you enter into a reasoned debate about it, rather than simply shout down or denounce the opinions of others from the outset. :cool:

u need to realize that I actually think about what i say before i post.

Oh, I can tell! You know, my doing this is sort of fruitless. You're doing enough damage to your credibility as it is without my assistance. But it IS fun.

Have you asked people to Hunt the idiot? In some situations I know that an idiot can promote a fault, I think one map they get up high and drain your force jump or something.

But if you don't like im/her then I suppose others don't either, so maybe they'll help kill em, then kill em again, then again, .. and again, then you see a idiot leave or beg to be left alone, then you all laugh and either continue or see if he/she adapted.

But I suppose that'd be annoying if an idiot keeps joining every 5 minutes.

Dont you have to be 13 to post on an online message board?

ok....then i suppose i broke the laws of physics and space time and somehow being born in 1985 doesn't make me physically 16...strange...anyway...u must be one of those guys who gets killed in the back by a strong swing a lot hu? and is like "Damn cheap stuff"

Oh, I can tell! You know, my doing this is sort of fruitless. You're doing enough damage to your credibility as it is without my assistance. But it IS fun.

how? have i said anything that is remotely contradictory or not true? ok...then what?

Geeze people are u all dumb or something?

I believe StormHammer was not actually remarking upon your opinion, but upon the way you chose to express that opinion. As StormHammer said, you're entitled to yours and other folks are entitled to theirs. He does have a point, though, in saying that you shouldn't hop on a server and start posting things like "All people with opinion X can STFU" and what have you. Maybe a better way to make that point would be to make an articulate argument in favor of your opinion, and point out the shortcomings in the other side's opinions, without actually attacking the people making them. Simply saying STFU isn't terribly productive and doesn't do much to further the debate. It only serves to antagonize people and turn this into a flame thread, and frankly, I think we see enough of those already.

As for you being an American, having rights, etc., unfortunately, you have no rights here. None of us do. This is a private forum, and we are, consequently, all at the mercy of the server and the moderators. If they want, they can ban you simply because they don't like the smiley you put in your post, and there isn't anything you can do about it. We don't pay these people anything to post on their server and take up their bandwidth. They open this up to the public and graciously permit us to post our opinions, thoughts, etc.

As far as this actual debate goes, I disagree with you. I view the online community as not very different from the rest of the world, or at least that it shouldn't be different from the rest of the world. Certain types of behavior, while legal, are generally unacceptable in the real world, and I have no problem with people feeling that certain behavior is unacceptable online. In my mind, some of the tactics described in here are absolutely cheap. Yes, they're legal, but they just seem to be kind of a "Dark Side" way to approach things, if you'll forgive the Star Wars analogy. It's the quick and easy path, and frankly, it doesn't impress me when I see it happen. Just because you've got a kajillion kills next to your name when time runs out or you hit the kill limit first, doesn't necessarily mean you're the best, most skilled player out there. In addition, I think you'll find, as this game is out for longer, that most of the cheap tactics won't work as well anymore. Hiding in a corner and pulling a grip'n'drop won't work quite as well when people learn that push and absorb are nice counters to it. Or when they learn to simply avoid running by dark corners with nearby pits. Either way, the party's over. Ultimately, I think unless you tend to sit around waiting for someone's duel to end so you can nuke the winner with your secondary repeater fire, people will find ways to counter your tactics. Or they'll simply deem the tactics inappropriate and vote you off the server. Or the admin will kick you.

As a rule, I generally try to adhere to the basic sense of the game that's being played at the time. When I join, I ask if folks are using force powers, or if they're just dueling with lightsabres, throw, and jump. Or if they're only using neutral powers, etc. If folks say they are, then I respect that, and play by that style, largely because I enjoy playing that way. I'm happy to play with full force powers, however, and at least on duel servers, don't mind if someone uses all their force powers on me, dark or lightside.

That said, I do still view certain tactics as unseemly, and try not to lower myself to that level where I practice them. IE: killing someone as they exit a duel (unless I happen to be running by them), or killing someone with their sabre powered down, unless I think we've started the duel and they're just trying to act like a badass (IE: I'm so tough, I can walk around with my sabre unpowered). I play this way because I would hope that folks would do the same with me when I'm on a server. Respecting other people's style of play is just good manners, especially if their style of play doesn't hurt you any. Simply pulling the online equivalent of a sucker punch, however, just seems wrong to me.

Now, I realize that many people who've posted here will simply disagree with my position and claim all's fair, or there are no rules on the internet, etc. And that's fine, they're entitled to their opinions, even if I happen to disagree with them. However, I would hope that folks here are mature enough to not engage in personal attacks, and can effectively communicate their opinions without resorting to character assassination or insults.

And finally, respect the authoritah of the moderators. :) They run this place, and while I doubt they'd simply ban you on a whim, they do have the power to do so.

And I thought my posts were long

:rolleyes:

But I'm not knocking it :D

The people who disagree just don't have the patience to do that talking stuff (I do, but they don't)

We need a way to quickly satisfy the tastes of people, nobody wants to work. Anyone out there who hosts? that'll make these people happy? Any bad arse, no blow is too low people out there who have a server?

Otherwise, if you join a server, ask who's hosting, if people complain, ask them if they'll boot you for it. Maybe that'll cut down chatter.

I understand my lack of rights here...that American thing was a joke..more like a ramble...

but u know my opinion on your opinion..or whatever...I probably should have approached the subject another fashion...but I'm a blunt person...as u can see...I dont like to beat around the bush and "ask" people not to do it again...its not my style

So..whatever rules I broke sorry...apologies Stormhammer and to whomever I offended

BTW, Mafia, I wasn't backing you up, but I wasn't exactly condemning you either. I think cheap people suck (I don't have to define "cheap" do I?), but you mostly see that on FFA, and if someone doesn't like it (like me), they can stay off those servers, and if they do go on, not ***** about it afterwards when they put away their saber and somebody killed them.

Whats your hit rate for a good server for what you do Jabba?

What?

Ain't that nice for an American

just to be positive this is sarcasm right

and

I agree...that if its FFA no holds barred but if the server has rules then u have to follow them

twas sarcasm

You are complaining about people who don't like the full arsenal being thrown at them.

The question was:

When you play online, do you get this on every server and %80 of the people do it?

or do you occasionally get it?

or is this just general in that it should never happen.

You could also not be interested in a solution, and just complaining (or being blunt :) )

I wanna know cause I use a 56K connection, till I get cable me and my friends have to connect to another server with good ping, this sort of thing being more to one side will sway me getting cable earlier.

Originally posted by Solo4114

As for you being an American, having rights, etc., unfortunately, you have no rights here. None of us do. This is a private forum, and we are, consequently, all at the mercy of the server and the moderators. If they want, they can ban you simply because they don't like the smiley you put in your post, and there isn't anything you can do about it. We don't pay these people anything to post on their server and take up their bandwidth. They open this up to the public and graciously permit us to post our opinions, thoughts, etc.

Hmmm...not to be nit-picky, but yes, you all do have a right, IMO - to post your opinion and have your voice heard, and to be shown the respect of your fellow members. Those are very simple principles we try to engender in everyone who posts on these forums. :) People are only banned if they fly in the face of the forum policies, which include not spamming, flaming, trolling, or being insulting, racist, etc., and not using excessive bad language - which turns posts into dash-dot-dash with asterisks. :D

I certainly don't like to ban people, but it sometimes has to be done. :(

By all means hold debates, express yourselves, just try to do it in a reasonable fashion without offending other members. After all, we're all here to have fun. :)

Personally, I'm one who just goes online to have a fun game. It's nice to win, now and again (and on my connection it's near miraculous), but I'm just happy to be able to take part. Getting thrown off a walkway into a pit is a hazard of the game...and may get annoying if it happens frequently. You just have to remember there are counter-measures, and you should employ them whenever entering a likely 'hazard' area. It's also extremely satisfying when you blast the one responsible with the biggest gun you can lay your hands on. :D

Originally posted by Mafia_Jabba

So..whatever rules I broke sorry...apologies Stormhammer and to whomever I offended

Apology accepted, Mafia_Jabba *gargle...crunch...thump* :vadar: j/k ;)

Bugger, Totally took this out of context then :mad:

Sorry

The way I understood it was that... say you are on a 16 player server that you join, its has guns, everything etc

You use it and get people complaining.

Recent post said you follow the rules of the server so I understood that then. Which is probably not what you want but you respect that. Tis good.

But seeing as I thought you originally played on servers with large amount of people, I was trying to find out the mentality of most of those people. I haven't got to play online much (have family blah blah, excuses go on, but my 2 year old can actually walk in it and look round with the mouse, takes on the bots, lightsaber only though, wife doesn't like blasters :mad: )

I'd just like to know my chance of finding a server with use everything people or not, cause I'd hate to waste my time looking for a rare thing.

But you just said you only play 1 person, must be Duel, don't know.

Jabba

I agree with you 100% and it irritated me at 1st too, I like the play the game many different ways.. some times to win sometimes to have fun, do I get disapointed when I get shot in the back while having a saber fight.. momentarely yes but then I relize Im on a FFA server and next respawn I'll hunt the person who killed me with a vengance.

Its also quite fun to shoot people having saber fights in the back and drain them and do all kinds of nasty stuff.. and I now only ever hear the word cheap in chat programs and forums. I don't hear anyone complain in the game whatsoever anymore since there is a console command to turn off text.

I know what they might be saying.. but atleast I don't have to hear their whining cries all over my monitor

I paid cash for my interent connection and the game to have fun. NO one will take that away from me, I'll enjoy the game as I like and most of the time I just like to get some frags without any of the extra rubbish that accompanies people who most likely are yelling mean comments at me cause of their inferiority

PS: Sometimes I listen find the whiners and then put the ignore all command back on and hunt them specifically

one day they'll realize that it

A)This isn't the game for them.

B) Shape up and beat me at my own game

Mafia-Jabba,

Your angry ranting and raving on these forums will not make the slightest difference. I will b1tch as I please, and even more so when I see your name online. Until you can afford to run a worthwhile server, don't expect this to change whenever you play.

Your other option would be to give up multiplayer altogether, as there is whining to be found in just about every other game. Choosing this option will be a great benefit to the jk2 community as we will have one less whiner, whining about other whiners.

i've been reading this thread for a while, and just thought i'd chime in...

first off, i just wanna say that i have no problem with guns (except maybe the alt-fire of the repeater) or gripping or draining or any of that. its in the game, use it to your advantage.

this being said, i played last night with someone who almost converted me to the whiners camp. i'm not exagerating when i say that this dumbass never killed a single person with a gun or a saber. all he did in every map was wait by a cliff, drain ppl so they couldnt push, and drop them off. i mean, thats it. no skill whatsoever. drain followed immediately by a grip is practically invicible (despite being a light jedi). even on bespin streets he just stood by that one ledge the entire game... i mean, honestly, does anyone have any respect for a player like that?

ender.

That's the kind of crap I'm talking about, this drain/grip whoring. And I bet some people here would not only say that's NOT cheap, but since it works, it SHOULD be used and is totally valid, fine, and don't argue with it.

That's BS. If that's how you play, you have NO SKILL. It is the very definition of cheap, and you ARE ruining the game for people. I don't see how there can be an argument for that kind of cheapness.

Mafia...please take no offense, but if you've only played with one person than you obviously haven't experienced the frustration of repeated "cheap" tactics from multiple players at a time. Spend some time out there and see what the people are complaining about first hand. I'd bet you'll start to curse under your breath at the very least.

I play this game for fun...not to win. Sometimes when I play for fun AND win its extra sweet.

I pride myself on being a tolerant individual...but I have gotten pissed off at times during my MP experience (and not just THIS game). Sometimes I complain about a persons play style if I think it's cheap. Just like it's not their problem that I feel that way, it's not my problem that they are "affected" by my statements. Life's a *****...deal with it. Sad but true.

I think people use these games as an outlet for frustrations and other issues in their Real lives. Venting at players in an online game is NO different than venting your frustration in this forum.

Archived