Home

I Am Extremely Annoyed

tfp321

Originally posted by tfp321

You all suck...So you all suck...Jackasses I hate you all!

if i got a techincal problem email with this kind of maturity i wouldn't reply to you either.

yes, the game runs great on millions of pc's .. it runs bad on yours, it's pretty evident that they screwed you outa 50 bucks on purpose. :rolleyes:

Tip: grow up, post in a more mature fashion

tfp321 lucas art's didnt really make this game.

They sold out to the Quakers at Raven Soft(The Morons who sold us Soldier of Fortune and other crappy Quake games like Elite Force)

All Lucas Arts did was told them to make the game and funded it and marketed it.

Now Lucas Arts did make the Orginal Jedi Knights and I think game play was 1000 times better then the crap Raven sold us.

The Graphics were lacking in 1997 but the game was stable and it had good net code(multiplayer was as stable as your ISP and the match making software you were useing. Quake 3 games are not stable for crap.)

ok here goes hope you can help me and a few others with same prob

unsupported marker ***** ( it varies depending on game mode)

I can't even play the game

athlon 900 200fsb

1024 mb pc 133 ram

win xp pro

biostar mobo

Hercules 3D Prophet 4500 64mb agp

audigy mp3

have already done the following:

defrag

reboot

latest drivers

reinstall

nothing running during instal

emailed LucasArts tech support using the correct form and including all info that they needed

soooo now its up to you guys .. help me out

Firstly for the guy who was ranting on about how he hates Lucas arts id suggest insulting the manufacturer of the game isnt exactly the best way to get technical support for the game lol

Anyway lets hope your problems are fixed now.

Mainly my point is that i must be one of the lucky people, for me JK2 runs without flaw on my system including the very latest Nvidia Drivers (23.82 i believe?)

Athalon XP 1600

Geforce3 Ti200 64mbDDR

512MB PC2100 CAS2.5 DDR

80g Harddrive

Creative Labs Audigy

Razor Boomslang

Windows XP Home

Hopefully theres many people like me who are running the game just fine on all the latest drivers.

Its tru tho that the very latest detonators didnt provide any increase in power for me. After installing them i think my benchmark scores dropped about 500 points.

Is the general advise not just for J2K but in general to go back to 23.11?

Nvidia Geforece2 440 MX pci 64meg

what the hell is this? there is no such thing as a gf2 440 mx.

hope you mean a 400mx.

I know it is the game that does not work with my video card. Why, because after looking at the forums and seeing that many people have the same problem with the geforce2mx400s.

show us some proof, find a link... cant ever remember seeing anything about anybody haveing problems with mx400s beyond hateing them for some reason......

I happen to have one my self, and it screams.

I am sure i am gonna get ripped to shreads for this but i dont care...

pIII 550

Nvidia Geforece2 440 MX pci 64meg(latest driver from website)

320 133 Ram

Maxtor 10 gb hard drive 5200 rpm(game on this one)

19 gb hard drive 5200 rpm

I have used windows 98/2000/xp all with same problem

sound blaster something(cant be this because i took it out and unistalled it, thought it was the problem at first)

abit mother board (not sure what model)

40x cdrom

looking at it, your whole system is not so hot....... 320 megs of ram is not very much, and its 133 ram to boot.

the pci vid card cant be helping much.

to Hiroyuki: what happend to you? someone from raven come to your house and shove a rod up your ass or somthing.....

every post i have seen you post is "well its becouse the quakers at raven made it. nuff said.

no one is forceing you to play the game...... if you hate it why play it, you seem to like jk go play that then......

I agree with everything S!TH!NAT0R said.

to whoever said:

i got a crap machine, the main low point being i have a 2 MEG VIDEO CARD but i just get the latest drivers, change some system settings, and i play it fine. All u poeple who paid heaps of money for your pc's r getting ripped.

the first thing that comes to mind the admins wont let me say.:D

the 2nd thing is :whatchu smokeing? besides your comp i mean...:rolleyes:

the 3rd thing is that i know you are a lier and i have know idea why i am even responding to this pos....:rolleyes:

to all that will consider this a flame: you cant run the game boohoo... what do you do? ask for help in a nice and conserite way?

no you come and ***** your ass off....

this has been, not a flame, but a release of steam over all the whiners lately.....

RIP AWAY!

SPY

^ I TOTALLY agree! It's not even possible for Q3 to open the menu on a 2D video card! How do I know? Because Q3 requires a 3D card, and there's no such thing as a 2MB 3D card, therefor it must be 2D.

To whoever said that, you sir, are a complete and total MORON.

Hello. I've been checking posts at the gamefaqs.com and jedi-outcast.com message boards and found the lots of people are having these strange "lockup after 5-15 minutes of playing issue". Me being one of them. For the past week I have been doing configuration tests, hardware/Bios settings and multiple repartioning and formatting to keep the drive clean (from testing various nvidia detonator video drivers.)

Here's my current system specs:

Athlon Thunderbird 1.333 ghz 266 fsb

Asus A7M 266 (current Bios) with 512 megs DDR ram

Elsa Gladiac Geforce 2 ultra 64 meg AGP

Sound blaster Live 5.1

Maxtor 60 gig 7200rpm ultra ATA 100 drive

So far every test gives back the same results. A crash after loading the game and staying at the menu or playing a leve for 5-15 minutes. It never crashes during the opening movie. I've tried different ram amounts, opengl settings, every possible Jedi outcast settings, Bios settings, Pci slot configurations (just to make sure IRQ's weren't conflicting) and had the case off with a large fan forcing cool air on it. (since the issue of heat is believed to be the cause by some people)

Today I replaced the video card with an MSI geforce 4 440MX with the MSI reference drivers. Same thing occured. Only thing I really haven't done is swap out the motherboard.

Looking at other posts, the problem doesn't seem to be hardware related. People using Intel, AMD, Cyrix, Nvida, Ati, 3dfx, various motherboards and hard drives all have this same problem. Some have been able to solve this issue with menu configurations like turning off volumetric shadows or opengl extensions. One post said that installing 4 internal fans worked.

None of these solutions worked for me. I've tried them all one way or another with no luck. It is interesting that the game did initially work fine for about a week until I got to the artus mine topside level. Lockups occured while fighting the At-st's or just running around. Since then I get lockups on any level which brought me to perform these tests.

Perhaps there is a bad batch of games that went out. Who knows. I've sent an email to lucasarts with no reply yet and i keep hearing about more people with this problem all the time.

I just wanted to post my findings so far. If anyone has any other tests/suggestions, feel free to post or email me at Bonovox_40@yahoo.com

Thanks and good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

You all suck. I know it is the game that does not work with my video card. Why, because after looking at the forums and seeing that many people have the same problem with the geforce2mx400s. So you all suck because it is there fault that they have a problem with a pretty popular video card. And I did send them the dianostic report. Jackasses I hate you all!

Wow... You really need to learn to control your temper (something they don't teach in school). The game's not perfect, but come on... If you were so unsatisfied (due to impatience I think), why did'nt you just return it?... Won't YOU feel like the "jackass" once you solve your little problem?...

Good luck and may the Force be with you.:evanpiel:

You all suck. I know it is the game that does not work with my video card. Why, because after looking at the forums and seeing that many people have the same problem with the geforce2mx400s. So you all suck because it is there fault that they have a problem with a pretty popular video card. And I did send them the dianostic report. Jackasses I hate you all!

See Whiner's Guide on MX's.

BTW - After that personal attack on everyone, I suggest no one respond to this troll.

Well I did return it and i just play it at my friends house. The game is fun but the game is much worse than imperfect. Go to the tech page and you will find like I said way to many people having problems. It was just a lack of effort not sorting out errors as far as i can see. I really am not upset anymore and try to see it the way I saw it. Just dropped 50 dollars on a game that is fun but did not work for no apperant reason. And then it messed up my open gl in my other games and and had to do a clean reinstall of everything on my computer including the bios. Go figure? Not upset now but i was.

Originally posted by Hiroyuki

Now Lucas Arts did make the Orginal Jedi Knights and I think game play was 1000 times better then the crap Raven sold us.

The Graphics were lacking in 1997 but the game was stable and it had good net code(multiplayer was as stable as your ISP and the match making software you were useing. Quake 3 games are not stable for crap.) [/b]

Are you saying Directplay is better than Q3 dedicated server netcode?

Haha ...

Let me guess, modem user? If not, your Internet connection must be pretty bad.

Well I did return it and i just play it at my friends house. The game is fun but the game is much worse than imperfect. Go to the tech page and you will find like I said way to many people having problems. It was just a lack of effort not sorting out errors as far as i can see. I really am not upset anymore and try to see it the way I saw it. Just dropped 50 dollars on a game that is fun but did not work for no apperant reason. And then it messed up my open gl in my other games and and had to do a clean reinstall of everything on my computer including the bios. Go figure? Not upset now but i was.

Fix your computer.

show us some proof, find a link... cant ever remember seeing anything about anybody haveing problems with mx400s beyond hateing them for some reason......

Well, try the tech page and it seems many cards are having problems and i do believe it is the card because my friend switched to an ati and it ran flawless. Many people have different problems and i do believe mine was my video card and i still stand behind that. Sorry about the whole 440, my mistake and it isnt a big one.

And i am still waiting on a return from lucas arts. Funny ehh.

Sounds like the card is bad, so if this problem occurs again you'll return the next game?

Did you try borrowing his video card?

Also, don't buy an MX card - it's a lobotimized Geforce.

I wonder if you have cheap ram and now it's being exploited because the game just happens to be accessing that area.

Have you tried different RAM chips - have you tried BIOS defaults for your MB?

To: SPY_jmr1, right on. :)

Guest DarthMaulUK

Ok guys. this is all becoming a bit boring here now.

The guy has vented his problem and all i see are people repeating over and over what he said. I don't pop on this forum much as I am over at Galactic Battles but I am here as this post was reported to us.

So - subject closed.

DMUK

Archived