Home

How do you do this? Making trading an Objective

I want to know how to make this Objective:

"Establish a Trade Route with the Other Civ(Computer)"

It's for my campaign, in the level, the Computer will be neutral to you, however if you establish a trade route, he will trade back with you. After trading for a while, the computer becomes your ally.

Can this be done?

Guest Stan|SCN Punk

You can do this by using triggers, but you can't do it directly.

You can use the timer trigger to specify how that after trading an X amount of time (whatever you want that to be) after you begin trading (use a trigger that specifies that you must bring a hovercraft unit to the neutral spaceport. This trigger will activate the counter).

Or, alternatively, you can specify how many trade units your player must have or how much gold you get. However, you must make sure that there are no other trading partners in the former and that there are no other sources of gold in the latter.

Well...thats difficult, a timer would work, but the map needs the know the difference between HAVING a Cargo ship and having one and trading with another player at the same time. THERE WILL be other sources of Nova on the map though...So how do make it so the map knows I'm trading with the computer?

Oh, wait...I need to read your post...Alright That sounds good I'm going to use a Timer trigger because As I said before, there will be other sources of Nova. I'll also make it so you must have a certain amount or more of Cargo Ships in order to turn that Neutral Computer into an ally.

BTW: Thanx! :)

Archived