Home

Time stamp on Posts? GMT? BST?

Lord Slart

Just a query about the clock setting on the forums is it supposed to be GMT or BST as I'm in London at the moment and it's 13:30 here and your server shows as 15:30. Is this an error after the change to BST or is there a valid reason for this time difference.

Just curious thats all.

The server is based in mountain time(usa). Now with that blasted []iDaylight Savings Time[/i]... Seriously though, why DO we still have Daylight Savings Time?

Back on topic:

You can change the time in the User CP under Edit Options. Just move from time zone to time zone until you get your local time. That'll work until one of the admins decides to fix the clock.

The time stamp appears to be about 3 hours out.

GMT time is now 10:39.

In the UK we are now in British Summer time which is an hour ahead of GMT so 11:39.

Go figure! Don't know why we still need summertime changes either it was originally for the farmers to get more daylight but they don't need it now. And anyway why couldn't thay just get up earlier? Lazy gits.

Anyway I have adjusted my time zone to GMT -2 so I now show my correct local time. Cheers for the info.

Archived