Home

Heavy Stance; Bugged Move

Plan9

I really dont feel like searching for the other threads that may exist on this topic. I scanned the main page and didn't see any, so I will start a new post.

Yes, the heavy stance unblockable move is incredibly bugged. You know, the one that's executed by swinging, and then midway through the swing jumping at your opponent? It seems incredibly cheap in that, if you even get close to them as they are crouching after they have finished the move, you will sometimes just die.

It seems as if the animation is bugged. The move looks to be finished, but it can still cause serious amounts of damage - one hit kills, even.

Anyone else had bad experiences with this? I used to use it, myself, but once I found out how bugged/cheap it is, I just stopped.

It's not bugged in my experience - it's simply extremely slow. It takes a loooong time for the attack to finish and you are exceedingly vulnerable in the meantime. So much so that unless you can surprise an opponent, it's more of a gamble than an art.

But as for the crouching thing - you can easily walk into someone saber if they are just sitting there crouching, since their weapon will be at crotch height where you're not blocking. And if you actually land on their saber, well ouch.... Just crouching and waiting is great with aggressive opponents who don't catch on... they just hurl themselves at your saber again and again.

Salute,

Raxxo

Raxxo, I dont think you get it...its not simply crouuching. I dont think you know the move I'm talking about. After you finish it, the player is crouching/kneeling on the ground, with his saber bent low, near the ground. And it you get close, it'll kill you in one hit.

Its not simply crouching.

I have noticed this too. I find the move extremely cheap, especially in free for all. People just use it from the perimeter of a crowd on unsuspecting people, then move away. It wouldn't be so bad if the move actually implemented heavy delay, but half the time I try to attack when it looks like the person is done with the move(they are kneeling with their saber down) I get killed because I what?...run into their saber? It makes no sense and is very annoying.

I have seen this one and it's pretty lame. The swing animation of the slice is done, you move in to counter and you are killed in 1 "hit". You'd think with such a devastating move, the perpetrator's defense would be lowered but this glitch only serves to further aid the attack. Death to the Red-Monkeys!

Archived