Home

Saberthrow kills all the heavy stance players

Sontarian

I tried it all MP games.As you know if an opponent (attacking with heavy stance) tries to attack you he cant guard himself for a while and in this period you can attack with saberthrow (3 saberthorws then he is history), i always killed em with this way, try this and you ll se that it is too easy to wipe them out.Heavy sucks, Medium RULEZZZ!

Good games guys...

Some NF servers don't allow saber throwing - don't know if this is a convention or a coded rule. I like your advice, but is their another tried and true method for handling heavy stance opponents?

Usually servers don't want forces except SJT... but as it is now, no way is known to disable all but Jump and Throw, so they prefer NF at all.

People still don't know how to use saber throw properly. Everyone just wastes their force power throwing it at someone as their first attack and getting it blocked and don't use it again after that. Saber throw is for when you see an opportunity to slash them, but you aren't close enough, so you throw the saber instead. If they're in midswing, not facing you, whatever, throw the saber.

I don't like this strategy at all, its very cheap and makes all saber fights boring. In case you havne't noticed, if you go into duel mode in ffa, one person could make it so you pretty much can't touch them no matter what because of the force limits. I've seen people just force jumping and strafing around while saber throwing and its not fun at all.

Just do it when your enemy runs to you like mad dog in heavy stance and throw it from short distance beacuse as you know your lightsaber will return you before your enemy finishes his attack.And i he try to heal himself he loses the game because he will be out of force, and after that you can kill him as you like.I mean if you play dark side you can imediately grip him or as light side use mind trck and backstab him...like that.In FF Saber only servers it is a rule that the players who uses the saberthrow good can kill every heavy stance players :)

I agree with the fact it would be lame if that was all they do, but consider the fact they eventually run out of force. If they run away then, of course its stupid. But if a person's main focus is on getting the enemy to swing so you can rush in and tag them with the swing or a throw, whats the problem with that. If im not close enough to hit when the opponent swings, EVERY time ill throw. If they rush me i usually retreat while tossing. going toe to toe is stupid, since it seems that the blocking is so very random, especially on a game with even the slightest bit of lag.

People that whine about throwing remind me of players that whine about how weapons are "unfair" such as rockets in MOH or panzers in RTCW. Its a part of the game thats balanced, give it up.

Another thing is that with the heavy stance on certain attacks STILL doing full damage AFTER the attack is done, sometimes you CANT rush in. Case and point: do the heavy quick leap attack. When the blade hits the ground, if someone WALKS on it, they take the full damage for the leap attack. So if you do that and spin around so the enemy approaches you while you are in that vulnerable position, they will die, or take heavy damage. How lame is that compared to throwing then?

Besides, rushing in and blasting away isn't the mark of a jedi. Cool, strategic attacks are the mark. =]

I was playing this game last night and occasionally I would throw my saber at the guy when I had a moment and he would just jump over it and heavy stance me in one hit.

The moral? Only use it when you see a chance to hit but are too far away as mentioned earlier.

Also, everytime I got hit by a saber throw I would just heal (drain sucks IMHO). People who jump around like idiots throwing their saber are as bad as those that run around you in circles on fast stance hoping to get a hit in.

You wanna have some fun with saberthrow? Why not get everyone to agree to have a saberthrow ONLY match. Now that could be fun.

FFA: Saberthrow is very useful and powerful.

Duels: 3rd offensive move.

Note:

Anyone who saberthrows primarily will lose fast, if you're playing with good opponents.

Don't stick to it exclusively. Use it to distract them or give them a quick nick on their side/back.

One of the most effective move is sidestep when they swing their heavy sweep, and you will be facing their open side/back. Quickly nick them with the throw and paddle back to avoid the next wild swing. This is sometimes better than a swing at them because it's faster.

Use it when they jump at you but they are not close enough to land a blow. When they are just about to land, throw it at their feet. VERY effective but if you miss, paddle back and have the saber cut them from their back as it comes to you.

Do not saberthrow continuosly. It drains the force power VERY quickly, and against a dark sider, you're meat once they drain and grip you. Saberthrows against drainers are quite useless. You won't have enough power to begin with, since you'll have to heal or absorb.

After you throw the saber, don't just stand there. Move!

Against a thrower, run at them, and when they throw, jump and strike. Use fast/medium and keep slicing them, backing off when the saber comes back. Another method is to stand and block the initial throw, rush in with heavy stance and strike them with the top-to-bottom blow(forward+attack). By the time the saber gets back to them, you are right in front of him, half way through the swipe. If he manages to block it, it'll knock him back a bit, so back off.

NightFallMyriad, if you are a newbie and cant use the lightsaber throw it is your problem.Go and train yourself then come here to talk to us.I only gave advice and you wrote like idiot.

I think h71y6 wrote well about this situation and he wrotes too well and even an idiot can understand everything from his text.Thx h71y6....

Go and get yourself a newbie server to play.And before judge anyone read their text carefully becuase no one is judging you with his text, here I just gave an advice and at the begining of my text I WROTE "ONLY IN FF SABER ONLY SERVERS" do you know what FF means?

It means FULL FORCE...If you dont wanna play on a server like this then it is your choise.I dont jump to sky and throw my lightsaber to the enemies in sight, I use it strategically, and most of the veteran players use lightsaber throw like that.If you dont know when or how to throw your lightsaber then I dont have any word to say.

If you're in Heavy and you get killed by a saber throw regularly, then you shouldn't be in Heavy, because that means that you're going in swinging wildly, which is the quickest way to get your arse whupped regardless of what they defend with. Heavy is for carefully executed assaults, like kicking them down and killing them while they're defenseless, or forward jump + downward stab (or, one of my favorite opening moves, sideways jump and aerial spin... although it hits more often in Medium). And if you keep in Heavy and just don't swing unless you're certain to get a kill, you can usually block saberthrows, unless they go past you and hit you from behind (in which case you're probably standing still, which is another suicidal move).

Archived