Home

Funky glitch w/ win32 serv

SirDogmeat

Hi, ive got a win98 box running a jko serv )not the greatest choice, but my limitations do exist with this) and it runs fine with one exception, when u try to change saber stances, it takes a cpl tries with the button to accomplish it. Ive launched a ded server thru the game, and it works fine. Is there a config setting that im missing that could be causing this?

The players can record demos either way. For the SERVER to record a demo, it needs to be set to 1. The problem is that with it set to 1, players tend to experience a strange type of "lag" which is the result of the server keeping everyone in perfect "sync" instead of letting the clients perform their normal prediction.

I also noticed a change with the time it takes to change stances on my server but what I had done was to change the forceRegenTime upwards..

So I dropped it back down.. actually lowered it to 50 since I run a NF Duels server. It's actually kinda cool how quickly you can change stances and the animation for it. around and a around it goes lol

I set the syncronious clients to 1 for a server rotation and was actually having problems with players getting dropped from the server so that 's set back to 0

I did upgrade to the lastest version of the server to 1.02.b

still getting crashes on the server.. usually not here to see it and haven't been using a restart script yet so I'm not sure what time it's been, but I"m mountain time and come home for lunch at 11:30 am and the server is fine and then get home for the night from work around 4:ish pm and it will have crashed ... been pretty consistent about the crash time as far as I can tell.

I'm thinking that i'll play with the dismember on the server this evening and see if I still get the OpStack error.

If you're having a problem with people timing out....try setting the sv_timeout a bit higher. I have mine set to 120 and I don't have a timeout unless the person is really disconnected. One of the first "sample" configs had sv_timeout "15" in it. I was losing players left and right during map changes or just joining. Increased to 60 and still lost a few....120 and no problems. ;) I think that 90 would probably work, but I'm too lazy to lower it and haven't noticed any problems yet.

Archived