Home

THIS is the Butterfly move everyone wants to do..

Lord Nodata

Not sure as of yet how to do these?

AND are there 2 butterfly moves? The first GIF looks like the move Maul does right before he tosses the droid at the door while fighting both Qui Gon and Obi-Wan.

The second looks like the move he pulls while fighting Obi-Wan (after Qui Gon is dead) about half way through their impressive sabre exchange, after his dual sabre is gone

This doesnt work with the view JK2 bots, since there is a file somewhere saying that the bots are on W:\ drive, which I have seen in a couple places but not sure where. I asume they were on a W: drive when they were developing the game. Just hit open and point to the models/players/whatevermodelfolder/model.glm

I've asked a few people, and a few have said they did it during SP, but have no idea how.

I'm sure there is a way to do them, otherwise the animations wouldn't still be there.. unless the devs got sloppy and didn't remove unused animations (which I doubt).

Hell, that was actually my theory.

Originally they were going to have a double saber fighting style, complete with it's own moves, so they took some of Maul's animations (by the nature of the light staff, and how it works, it has to be a bit more acrobatic and showy). but they didn't have time, so they left the stuff in there for us to play with.

Either that, or they intend to implement it later and so why take out code you're just going to put back in right?

I know for a fact that I've done at least one of them, if not both.

Problem is, I don't know HOW I did them! I know that I was in that "pit" part of the Pit level against Tavion (or the Ladder Level). I've seen myself do these strange moves and I don't know how. I've tried replicating them, but it didn't work.

I can only jump sideways off walls and run forwards up walls, backflip, and land behind the person chasing me (very useful in Ladder).

BYE

Originally posted by RpTheHotrod

This HAS been spotted in multiplayer according to many "witnesses"

Don't doubt the witnesses, I'm sure they've seen people doing it. However, like me, the people doing the move probably did it by accident and have no idea how to replicate it! (which is a shame, 'cause it'd make Sabre fights even cooler to watch).

BYE

Not doubting at all. Just saying WITNESSESS have seen it. I personally havn't.

According to one post, the poster said this one player kept doing it over and over, so that's why he posted on the forums asking about it.

However, most people indeed....to the butterfly by accident.

Archived