Home

Heavy special move and light stance....

Hell Raiser

I have a way to beat heavy special "users" but it's damn hard facing them. How do you all deal with 'em? If someone uses it every once in a while, I stand a good chance. But if thats the only thing they do, I wanna be the one in the rotation to make that person feel stupid for using just that one move, over and over. ;)

Secondly, I never use light stance. It doesn't do enough damage to suit my tastes. Am I missing out on something great that can be achieved by using light?

I can usually be in the top 5 (most of the time 1st or 2nd) in no force duel servers using medium 90% of the time, and taking a pot shot every once in a while with heavy the other 10%. (read: get lucky once or twice :D ) I have an almost fool proof strategy using medium, but I won't just spell it out if ya'll ask. ;):D (a guy's gotta keep his secrets ya know ;P )

OK, in most MP matches the players are swinging like chickens who have just been beheaded.

A light user can work, but you need a whole lot of luck that you don't get slammed by a medium spin or a heavy swipe.

IMHO, light is simply too many fancy moves and not enough payoff. Give me medium (preferable) or heavy (Good for crouchers) over light any day.

:fett2:

Originally posted by SPY_jmr1

someone (i cant remember who) said something about the light

stance's upward swipe/stab, will force a heavy's noob(j/k;) ) shot into a saber lock.......

maybe you should try light.

might like it.:D

Hey, maybe thats the increadibly awsome thing I'm missin out on. I'll definatly have to give it a try. :)

Vicious_Bot, same here, not enough payoff to justify for using light. (unless someone tells me something I've never even thought of doing before)

I'm usually on duel servers, so the beheaded chicken technique is rarely seen. :D

IMHO, light is simply too many fancy moves and not enough payoff. Give me medium (preferable) or heavy (Good for crouchers) over light any day.

yes but the light stance has the obiwan backstab...... thats worth a whole stance by its self:D :D :D

you dont beleave how many kills that move has given me.....:cool: no one see's it coming.:D

Originally posted by Hell Raiser

Hey, maybe thats the increadibly awsome thing I'm missin out on. I'll definatly have to give it a try. :)

Vicious_Bot, same here, not enough payoff to justify for using light. (unless someone tells me something I've never even thought of doing before)

I'm usually on duel servers, so the beheaded chicken technique is rarely seen. :D

the move i am talking about is in the book, however.... HEAR IT IS!:D

light stance, must be standing still. crouch then without rolling forward GO forward then hit fire. If done right, your guy will stick his saber out in front and raise the sucker strait up. Good for 75 damage. Hardest hitting light move. Very fast also.

Good luck.

Tree, I disagree.

I actually beat heavy stancers fairly often with light stance.

Btw, I'm the one who said you can saber-lock the jump attack with the thrust. I did it once, but the timing has to be pretty close to exact, so be careful :) (I'm still trying to get it down right)

Anyhow, against heavy users, if they are swinging vertically, come in from the side. If they're swinging horizontally? roll in under the blade. You just got in close, under the strike, and can now thrust them for 60-75 damage.

Granted it's harder. but even still, once you're in close, especially if you got that thrust off, you can generally finish them off before they can land another heavy shot at you (and if quick enough, before a medium).

Light stance is a good stance, plus, as was said, it's flashy. I can lose with grace, as long as I look good losing :)

(btw, the backstab is amazing. People rarely see it coming, even if they know you do it whenever you can. I've even started fights off by charging, turning, and backstabbing)

I have to agree with the couple of posts above. the only way to beat a heavy stancer is to hit them in a blind spot or take a cheap shot at them with a saber throw when they are swinging. I know, its cheap, but it works. I have actually gotten people to switch to using light and medium stances when i keep killing them with saber throw cause they are suing heavy stance. Good Gaming

When you say light stancers you make it sound like people have a perferance on which stance they use, like they use it all the time. Truly i use heavy and try to get a hit off and if i do i switch to light immeditly and start swinging. If heavy aint workin out i go to medium. I really dont give my self a name based on the stance i use

Originally posted by UseDaAgression

When you say light stancers you make it sound like people have a perferance on which stance they use, like they use it all the time. Truly i use heavy and try to get a hit off and if i do i switch to light immeditly and start swinging. If heavy aint workin out i go to medium. I really dont give my self a name based on the stance i use

congratulations?

I play at Swords at Dawn when I can (I beat Chang's heavy stance with my light. Then he kicked my ass twice in a row with his med/light against my med/light/heavy)

Otherwise, I usually play on the Duel servers with no force. I've been doing LiCk's server when possible as well now.

And if I'm in a mood for Team FFA or CTF, I'm on Cheater's Wayside.

I see what you mean. I personally open up with either light or heavy and switch out with medium after that. But it is the people who constantly use certain stances (heavy in particular) that can be a pain in the @$$ to people like us who arent dependent on one kind of stance. As far as i am concerned, sticking with only one stance leaves large holes in your defenses. In other words, If you only use one stance, someone else who is practiced in all three will have the better chance of winning. i see it time and time again. Those whoa re versed in all there stances typically are the better saberists. i can say this from experience. soemtimes i fallinto one stance and forget that i have 2 others to play with, and someone who switches stances will end up owning my butt. Good Gaming

Thanks fer the tips, I'll have to try 'em out when I get the chance. :)

But what about people who only do that unblockable, one-hit, tottally unbalanced (IMHO, to use it all the time, everytime) heavy stance special move? Y'know: attack, pause for a split second, forward, attack.

easy, when they go to do it, move out of the way, odds are you can beat them speed wise. seeing as how the move takes forever to finish, use that time to sneak in a saber throw (cheap, i know) or catch them from behind and shove a saber in their spine. its all in the speed. when the start the move, roll forward under them or to the side around them. if you are fast enough, you will get the opportunity to put a saber in their back. Good Gaming

The other tricky thing (hey, if you're using light stance, you gotta be flashy as well right? ;) )

When you see them starting it again start going towards them. When they jump, roll. Hopefully (if you timed/distnaced it right) you'll end up rolling under and behind them just as their saber comes into range to hurt you on the ground. Then, just hit back and attack and stab them in the back :)

If you change up stances (I do when I can, though I do find myself staying in light a lot) then turn and hack away.

Another fun (tho VERY dangerous) thing to try is this. Go into heavy stance, and do the attack right back. You want to jump lower than them though if at all possible, this way you'll cleave them before they can get you :) (Or just run forward in heavy and hit attack, you should chop 'em out of the air :) )

btw: if you haven't figured this out, all my solutions are very dangerous to you as well as you don't evade the attack safely, but instead try getting under the person. You will probably get killed often learning these (I still get killed at times trying them) but when they work, you get a lot of style points

enDless_Deliriu what name do you use in jkii? i'd like to bash heads with you if i runinto you sometime. i use (you guessed it) SPY_jmr1.

btw thanks for that heavy block idea.

do you know if works on the "unblockable" wack also? i just run at that point.

ps:i am a heavy/light in that order. the heavys back+actack is WICKED!!! MUHAHAHAHA :D :D :D :D

not as cool as the obi1 but also sweet;)

Bah. Here's how you beat a heavy stancer:

Wait for them to start swinging.

Throw the saber.

They go down in just a few throws. If they're stupid, they'll keep letting you do this. I've gotten through games (entire, 20 kill games) without dying once.

Oh yea, I screwed up the attack sequence for the heavy special move. :o It's attack, wait fer a split second, forward, jump. Ya'll knew what I was talkin about anyway though. :)

But it's official, I'm st00p. :o As many times as I've rolled to avoid attacks, it never entered my mind to roll under the person. *smacks self repeatedly* I love the sound of rolling under and back stabbing, heck, even doing the medium/heavy backstab (backswing) would suffice. ;)

Great tips! I'm definatly trying out light stance. See if I can't apply my medium stance ultra-secret-not-gonna-spell-it-out-for-you-but-will-give-hints strategy to light stance and get a few more whacks for my swing. :D

Originally posted by Moleculor

Bah. Here's how you beat a heavy stancer:

Wait for them to start swinging.

Throw the saber.

They go down in just a few throws. If they're stupid, they'll keep letting you do this. I've gotten through games (entire, 20 kill games) without dying once.

I prefer No Force Duel Servers, so saber throw is out of the question. I kinda knew that one already. ;):D

Originally posted by enDless_Deliriu

I play at Swords at Dawn when I can (I beat Chang's heavy stance with my light. Then he kicked my ass twice in a row with his med/light against my med/light/heavy)

Otherwise, I usually play on the Duel servers with no force. I've been doing LiCk's server when possible as well now.

And if I'm in a mood for Team FFA or CTF, I'm on Cheater's Wayside.

I played on Swords at dawn when ChangKhan was there. You all were telling him bout your server problems.

I went on a 20/0 run (not an exact figure) but I did run out 1 map at least and part of the next one. I beat him at least 3 times. Damn sure is nothing to brag about.

I really dont think that guy was him, he was terrible.

I was playing under the name Oak. Unless he plays there often I only came by that one time.

well, the guy I played with was

ChangKhan[RAVEN] and he was on the server around noon. He said he was on testing something and just playing. He then talked to the Austrian about some fixes he was trying for the MP dismemberment (and Aus was talking back so I'm pretty sure it was him) He was then on the next day and a couple days after, so I think he does go there often (maybe Aus agreed to be a testing ground)

I've never seen you play on Swords (not calling you a liar) but then again, I don't get on that much anymore as it's usually full (as good servers are).

Oh, I usually play as enDless_Delirium (Delirium didn't fully fit here) the enDless is red, the _ is light blue and Delirium is dark blue if that changes how you player search for it ( ^1enDless^4_^5Delirium I believe).

I'm not the best duellist so I do lose, but like I said, I hold my own against heavy people (and if they just stick to heavy and act as one trick ponies I can consistently beat them) with light stance. I usually use all the stances available, why shut yourself off to a move that could be useful in the right situation?

I hope to see you on there sometime tree, I'd actually like to fight ya :) Same to you Spy, and all the rest of you forum readers :)

In other words, If you only use one stance, someone else who is practiced in all three will have the better chance of winning. i see it time and time again.

Well I pretty much stick to just medium unless I want to pull a special off and I dont get killed time and time again. It all depends on the person. Just because someone doesnt switch does not mean they are going to be easy if you switch around. With a normal everyday person I guess this holds true but not for some of us. I havent met a person that can kill me over and over again, and I have fought some very good saberists.

If MP wouldnt be so random with the number of swings you get per stance EI:just standing there and swing, you will see about 4 different swings. If they can fix that to just one kind of swing then that will be another ball park I think, since you will have some strategy down knowing exactly where the saber is going to move when you hit a direction. I think thats why there is so many chickens running around in fast stance. It doesnt matter which direction they press, it looks cool to them. Little do they know that its easier to get killed that way. Sorry I am rambling now, will go away.

Archived