Home

A Dueling Question

Jman3ooo

4 minutes? The point of the timelimit might be to swap maps after a period of time. I'd say let people duel as long as they can. The long duels are usually the best ones. ;) In the end, the duel mode may not utilize the timelimit and you just need to let the duel_fraglimit change maps.

Problem with that - I've noticed that assholes tend to like screwing around and not fighting while everyone else is waiting and it pisses everyone off mightily. Discovered this browsing the server logs and I(the admin) even got called an idiot for not setting some sort of time limit. Sad fact of life that people always have to muck things up.

I feel your pain. You could enable voting, but then a few players can hijack the server and change the rules, etc. The best alternative is to have a few trusted regulars with rcon kick the morons. Hopefully late this week I'll have the beta admin bot conversion ready. Then you can just designate people by ip to be admins with kick authority. That saves you the trouble of trusing someone with full rcon.

Archived