Home

Another Maul Skin ?

barge

Hey,

This is both my first skin and my first post, so please forgive me if I make stupid mistakes.

As the subject suggests (sort of), I have made a maul skin and am wondering if you feel it is worth releasing to the community, considering another was just released recently (Ultimate Maul).

Here are some shots (sorry they are not in game)

http://home.austarnet.com.au/barg3/maul_front.jpg

http://home.austarnet.com.au/barg3/maul_back.jpg

http://home.austarnet.com.au/barg3/maul_head.jpg

(If these do not work then.....****! :D )

I'm getting the impression that there may be many Maul skins in development so I seek prior ?approval?. Also, as this is my first skin, any feedback on how to improve on what I have done would be greatly appreciated

Thnx

- Barge

Hey, I like your tatoos, I think you should keep going with it.

I only had a couple of pics to go on, so I took a bit of "creative liberty" with most of it (especially the arms). Like you've done, I should probably extend the tats further onto the collar bone and try to better join the arms to the torso.

- Barge

PS: What references did you use ?

Hey barge, looks pretty good to me. Did you do the muscle shading yourself? I think your Maul skin is one of the better ones so far, but sooooooo many people are making Maul skins, it's getting really dull. Plus when the tools are released people can actually make different heads with horns etc. and create new Maul skins, so it seems like a waste of time for people to continuously keep creating Maul skins now. I was going to tell you something to the effect of "wait for the toolkit", but your skin looks too good, so..... ;)

Forhekset - Everything's mine except the glove texture and the top of the boot (where laces would be on shoes).

Funnily enough, I used a reference image for the back muscles, and they're the ones I think are least realistic :)

Also, how about this for an in game icon

icon_default.jpg

It sorta looks a bit odd in game, but I like it as an image

- Barge

Very sweet. The red areas feel slightly oversaturated, though

Incidentially, I'm working on the same model (because of the shirtless maul thread, adn a friend of mine kept bugging me. It's nowhere near finished enough to show a shot in the model viewer, but I'm pretty happy with the face so far ;]

face.jpg

hey, thanks everyone for the replies and suggestions

Sorry I havent replied sooner but I've been asleep (I tend to do that from 2:00am onwards) :D

What I'll do is, go to uni so it looks like I still care, and when I get home I will finish up the pk3 and submit it to jkii.net

Between now and then, does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could name him ? I'm using Robeless Maul, but that's pretty crap.

Aiee, love the detail in the face... stop making me look bad :)

- Barge

I really suggest you add a new taunt sound. It should be easy, but you'll have to Pak the entire model up in your pak file. But it would definately make this skin shine.

"Alas We Will Have Revenge."

Just replace reborns sound with a Wave File.

I'm sure there's one online, or you could record it yourself.

:boushh:

Originally posted by Eets'chula

They're not totally the same as the comic or artwork.

And I dunno if a hood would look so good on the shirtless maul.. After all, he doesn't have shirt, why would he have a hood?

Well since we can't get the horns to stick out and it looks dumb just skinning them on a model that doesn't have horns, the next best thing it to cover them up :)

Its very clever what he did, your just sore you didn't think of it first ;)

Originally posted by Eets'chula

Yeah, that's it... :rolleyes:

I think he'd be able to make the horns look semi-realistic, since he's done such a great job with the rest so far..

*sigh* No matter how well of a skinner he is, you'll still need a model that fits with it or its just gonna end up looking dumb (no offense to people who have made maul skins so far, you've all done a wonderful job :D ).

Archived