Home

You Owe Us!!

Fatal-x

Originally posted by WhiteChedda

You quoted what I said ansd babbeled about it not being valid. then after I showed it was you start in on some excuse tirade.

Clear now?

Wow. Are you making this up as you go? Excuse tirade? C'mon:)

Quotes might help ...but you already knew that didn't you?

Originally posted by Mertado

Death-Dude, doesn't Win98SE require an updated OpenGL library? I know at least one of the Windows flavors does, regardless of DirectX version. That may be your problem.

I don't know exactly what you're saying, I guess, I have the 27.70 drivers currently, and in the game - it does go in at times now, but still freezes whenever I try to change any video properties - and it said the GL version is 1.3.1. I'd gladly try anything, though, do you know what I 'd have to do to update the OpenGL library? Thanks!

OK 3 boy

original post

IF THE DEVELOPERS ARE GOING TO TEST A GAME ON CERTAIN SYSTEMS THEN THAT NEEDS TO BE ON THE BOX ALSO.A NICE FRIENDLY MESSAGE THAT SAYS"IF YOU DONT HAVE ONE OF THESE SYSTEMS THEN THE GAME PROBABLY WONT WORK FOR YOU ON YOUR SYSTEM."

You got that?

My post on that

Do you even have the ability to comprehend the number of combinations of hardware and driver versions you can have on a PC?

Your tangent

FYI - the "combinations" argument is not a strong as those who use it think it is. Yes, there are many different possible combinations of hardware, but there are not that many API's and thats what decides what runs and what doesn't. There are far fewer API's and its not unreasonable to think that a games designer can garauntee a game will run on all of them. Especially when other games and apps do.

Just take that into consideration when you (as in anyone) defends Raven with the "combinations" defense.

I can't get any more clearer for you, if you don't understand, just say so, and I'll place you on my ignore list for future conversations.

Raven has posted a few threads about performance. I am not sure exactly what problems this guy is having, but I can suggest the usual:

1) Turn down the game's settings, lower the resolution and turn off the fancy shadows and lower the detail. This will increase speed for most people.

2) Turn off all non-essential programs running in the background, including your web browser, instant messaging programs, chat programs, virus scanners, etc. These can eat up power your system needs to run the game.

3) Make sure you have the LATEST drivers for your video card, and sound card, as well as the latest updates for windows (windows update applies to 9x as well as 2000 and XP) and you have the latest directX installed.

4) Restart your computer, to refresh the temporary memory.

5) Uninstall, then reinstall the game and reboot. Sometimes this helps if the install was goofed up somehow.

Other than that, I can't really help you, except to say get a better video card or ram (but that shouldn't be necessary).

My system:

AMD Athlon Thunderbird 1.1 Ghz

256 mb pc133 ram (mushkin)

Abit motherboard (w/ RAID)

Soundblaster Live! card

GeForce2 GTS (32mb) video card

two 40 gb hard drives (quantum fireball is the one that the game is installed on)

The game runs "fine" for me, on high detail (NOT very high) and 1024x768 res. I have the extra detailed shadows and special lighting turned down/off because the game is a bit choppy with a lot of stuff on the screen or in certain really detailed levels. I have the sound set to high quality.

Finally, if you are having problems, you can visit lucasarts.com and ravensoft.com 's support and troubleshooting pages for JK2, you might find those helpful (until a patch comes out).

http://www2.ravensoft.com/jedioutcast/ (Raven)

http://support.lucasarts.com/trg/tgd.asp?id=2402&g=120&s=4 (LEC)

Be patient, the game has only been out a little less than three weeks.

hello again.

I was looking at the back of the cd case earlier and noticed that they seem to quite fond of small print.About 1 third of the cover is taken up with system specs.Take a look at it.

In case you dont have time to look at it either heres a quote.

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS

Operating System:

Windows 95 OSR2/98/ME/2000/XP.

Computer:

100% DirectX-compatible computer required.

CPU:

Pentium 2 or Athalon class 350mhz or faster cpu required.

Memory:

64MB required 128MB RAM required for Windows 2000 or XP.

Graphics Card:

16MB OpenGL-compatible PCI or AGP 3D Hardware Accelerator required.

Sound Card:

16-bit DirectX 8.x- compatible sound card required.

CD-ROM:

Quad-Speed IDE or SCSI CD-ROM drive required.

Input Device:

Keyboard or mouse required.Joystick supported.

DirectX:

Microsoft DirectX 8.0a is included on this CD.

Note:Your system may require the "latest" drivers for your particular hardware.

3D ACCELERATOR CARD REQUIRED

A 100% OpenGL-compatible 3D Accelerator is required.

Supported chipsets at time of release:

ATI Radion

ATI Radion 7500/8500

ATI Rage 128

ATI Rage 128 Pro

Matrox G400

Matrox G450

Matrox G550

NVIDIA GeForce 256 family

NVIDIA GeForce 2 family

NVIDIA GeForce 3 family

NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 family

PowerVR Kyro

PowerVR Kyro 2

heh....call me quirky but I have a habbit of saving the documentation for my hardware.

Seems that I have not only met but well exceded the minimum requirements.

So i paid $50 for a game that states on the box that my pc WILL support this game and should play fine.

I could understand some graphical gliches,or slight sound problems...but not being able to play at all is bs.

BTW...I posted above that i had found a fix and wasnt having any major problems anymore,guess i spoke too soon.

The game played fine for 2 days,I didnt install anything new,no mods,skins,didnt change any ingame settings,not even keybinds...nothing.Suddenly it started all over again and im back to trying to figure out what the hell is going on.

The game just seems to screw itself up.

The dev team must have missed something and I wish they would look into it.It just doesnt make any sense.

Fatal

Your sound card may be the culprit. I've had nothing but headaches from Creative's non-Live! cards, especially the PCI xxx lineup. Creative really lost it when they got off the ISA bus. Sad, but true.

Could you also try to post what the BSOD says before it resets? If you're getting a BSOD. Like what file caused the crash?

Originally posted by WhiteChedda

I can't get any more clearer for you, if you don't understand, just say so, and I'll place you on my ignore list for future conversations.

Now it's tangents? Where did I change my story? You still haven't answered that.

You're evading Chedda. You haven't yet provided proof that I am changing my story. You have brought up three different issues since I asked for proof that I was changing my story.

Thats called hypocrisy.

Just put me on your ignore list. You can't debate well anyway (thats my first insult compared to your 3 or 4)

Originally posted by Threetall

Be nice cheese-man ;)

Are you making this up as you go?

Are you not familar with the term tangents 3?Wink or no wink, your no boyscout so drop the hollier than thou routine.

You know I just backed up my statemtents, so act stupid if you must, but I took you for someone smarter than that, I assume that was my mistake. I guess I won't be seeing you aroud.

And while I won't be checking for an answer, you never did verify whether thats what you request of Raven or not..................Good riddance.................

Archived