Home

Most Annoying Level Part

MasterJoel

What is the most annoying level?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. What is the most annoying level?

• Nar Shadaa Streets
    • Yavin Canyon
    • Doomgiver Hangers (Doomgiver Detention)
    • Artus Topside
    • Other (Please tell us which one)

Stealth level just before the Doomgiver gets my vote as well. I've always hated stealth levels in FPSes (and protection levels as well, come to think of it).

AS tempest8008 said, I find it very hard to take it seriously when you cut to Kyle in the cell - 2 Troopers and an Officer.

"I'm not the prisoner you are looking for."

"You are not the prisoner we are looking for."

"I can go about my business."

"You an go about your business."

"Second door on the right - one cross each..."

"Second door on the right - one cross each..."

Xon.

Originally posted by txa1265

I'm still not done yet, but this has already overtaken JK1 as my favorite game ever.

Mike

now that WAS A BLODDY ANNOYING GAME :p

only because 1) the lightsaber was lame 2) there was ONE LEVEL (remeber the HUGE LEVEL with TALL building surrounded with walkers, and troopers... i couldnt work out how to get into the building! DAMN ANNOYING that was :-((

Originally posted by CthonianMessiah

I haven't been able to try the whole Lando thing in Master yet, but I don't see how protecting one fairly competent swashbuckler against the unshaven masses could be any harder than protecting a bunch of refugees from Red Faction who are getting tooled on by hordes of troopers and... an ATST!!! I wonder if there would be enough ammo even if they didn't shoot at me...

omg i tried the red faction demo, and DID it SUX or wot!

ALSO about the crabs! if you AIM the stormtrooper rifle at your feet, it gets them everytime :p only problem is when they come in huge numbers...PANIC!!!!!!!

Heh maybe I was doing something wrong here, but the most annoying part for me was in Bespin, those reactor ring thingies you had to run around. I had to stop and heal at every safe spot, you had to run half way around each level.

And I constantly found myself wondering WTF would put troops in there waiting for me? And how did they get there.

Originally posted by MasterJoel

On the Stealth Level, there should be a switch that turns off the lights. Then, turn on your light goggles and run straight across the room for the door.

Don't forget, though, that you only have 1 chance to do this, so don't save until after you've made it through the next door.

I agree with the previous post that said that they wished that you at least got to fight before dying. As far as the cell goes where you see Kyle just sitting there, though, perhaps it has some ysalsmiri in it.......

Yeah, I know, but these an officer just outside the other side of the door out of that room and it cuts to the Kyle in prison scene.

Umm, did you see the red grid that would appear every now and again? You can walk on that.

The cattle-prod works wonders on the crabs.

Once I figured those two things out, life got easier.

However, keeping that blasted R5 alive at the start of Bespin Streets was a pain. After that the level picks up.

I agree that JK1, Level 6 ("Into the Dark Palace", or some such) was pretty annoying. I got stuck on that level for weeks because I couldn't figure out how to get into the building. Then, I couldn't figure out how to get into the control room for another couple of weeks. When I finally figured it out, I slapped myself silly. Level 5 was pretty bad, too (Baron's Hed-The Fallen City).

Ah, well, back to work. :(

• 2 weeks later...

In the Artus Mine, I never thought to use the stun baton. I ended up running until I had every headcrab on my tail. I dropped a detonation pack and activated it, blowing almost all of them up.:D

Come to think of it, I wish there were more detonation packs and trip mines to be found. Nothing beats a good explosion in a FPS. :max:

Most annoying level? The Main Menu! Everything else runs fine, but the menu screen is dificult for my computer to process. Changing the settings on my system requires the patience of a Jedi. :koon:

nar shadaa is REALLY annoying all the way thru ..... not only the snipers .... but the damn grenaders!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH kill me now .... not only are they really accurate over like ... MILES ... they blow up when they die half the time ... DAMN THEM

<having vented spleen ... feels better>

Clem

The stealth level was annoying, simply because it doesn't give you any options once you've been discovered. But the most irritating part for me as after killing Fayyar when....

*SPOLIER*

...the gravity goes off.

Trying to float through those doorways....agghhh! :mad:

Anyone with a Wookie Bowcaster and a little aiming ability can walk through Nar Shadda with no problem--my friend who played the game for all of a week walked through Nar Shadda and only used guns two or three times on Jedi Knight lvl.

Artus on Jedi Knight level is a much bigger pain in the a$$, and on JM it's royally annoying.

Doomgiver comm array where you have to jump to get the there symbols is the most annoying part. I almost stopped playing the game the first time.

Then when you destroy shields and have to float through the ship without gravity. BTW, in Dark Forces 2 the level when the ship is falling down the canyon and gravity is messed up is easily the most annoying game level I have ever seen. This reminded me of that. Scenes like that serve no purpose other than to irritate the player.

JDII has too many such moments and jumping puzzles. It's an excellent game but has some serious gameflow faults.

Zak

I forgot some annoying parts, but I can see that NS and Artus are close together as the most irritating overall.

Boy and how, did the falling ship level on JK1 suck!! Especially on hard!! I think you get 30 seconds (real time to get out). Talk about stinking impossible! I think when I beat it, I got out as the timer went to 1 second.

When I listed the Canyon, I did so because I didn't take the Walker. If you take the AT-ST, then the level is a Cake-Walker :eek:

i could not for the life of me rescue those damn refugees...by the time i would kill the atst on the bottom level, i would never have enough ammo to kill everything else (on jknight level)..i ALWAYS ran out of ammo...arrrrggghhh....stupid atst's missiles always take me down to almost no ammo....can i shoot the missiles or something?...doesn't seem to work for me

I think the Streets was annoying because the snipers, but the most annoying thing to me was Artrus topside, right before Desaan shows up... because I stumbled into the bug there the 3rd ATST disappears. It disappears so I can't destroy it, so I can't get through the door I need too. Fortunately, after about 3 hours of running around that place trying all sorts of crap I read about the bug and LucasArt's "cheat" code to get passed it. Glad they fessed up to the bug so I didn't have to wait for the patch.

My Method for protecting the R5 Unit was Force Pulling the unit back through the door. This would give me more time to shoot the trip mines. It workedfor me, as for the shooters I ignored them, they'd ht me a little but it wasn't enough to kill me. I just healied upwhen I was safe. Funnily enough they didn't target the R5 unit.

The only kinda annoying part for me is the jump puzzles. I see why they have them, but I'd play Super Mario Brothers if I just wanted jump puzzles. (not bashing the game at all, absolutely love it!!!)

I did all the jump puzzles on the first go around, but now I just turn on noclip and float on over to where I need to be. Jumping around just isn't fun.

On second thought, puzzles in general don't get much replay value. Once you've done it, you tend to remember (although there were a couple places where it was difficult to do so :)

-Lew

The level I hated the most was the one after defeating Admiral Fyyar, where the gravity was turned off. So freakin' annoying to try and time everything right.

The Yavin Canyon was annoying, too, until I figured out how to fire rockets. :D

I must say Red Faction was one of the most annoying games I have ever played. I was sooo glad when I finished it. Ugh, I pissed me off some many times...

Originally posted by Creston

On higher difficulty levels it's definitely Artus Topside and NS Starpad (keeping Lando alive).

One thing that annoys me no end in the start though, is Artus Mine, the part where you have to run through that dark mining area, and all the little Alien HeadCrab Ripoff things keep attacking you. And your blaster rifles misses ALL THE :swear: time!!! I swear that I have wasted 300+ ammo there just trying to get through :mad:

Creston

]

Just Use The Stun Batton Works WOnder With The Lil Crab Alien Thingys.

Archived