Home

Voodoo Gripe...

bornskir

I am realizing now that all of my problems are being caused by my Voodoo 3 card. I don't get it. I understand that 3dfx went out of business, but how many people out there still have perfectly good Voodoo cards but can't properly play this game because Lucasarts decided not to support it. That being the case, they should have included a nice shiny new video card that IS compatible with this game so that everyone can enjoy it problem free (or realitively problem free). This annoys me that I just spent $50 on this hyped-up game, and now I have to spend another $200 just to play it.

The least they can do is develop a patch for Voodoo cards using the last drivers released by 3dfx. Maybe if enough people complain, they'll either fix it or send us all new video cards :D

yup suks ass i have a voodoo 5 paid 300 bucks for it just before 3dfx went under i had to go out and buy a new card i got a gforce 4 with 128 ddr memory on it paid 350 with tax and all and im still having problems when jk2 plays the cg movies my audio crackles and fades out than they finish with no sound untill the 3d game engine kicks in again than it works fine i have a sound blaster live gamer x and i just went and updted the drivers but still got the problem so what now go get a new sound card here is my system specs

intel 733 133 bus p3

512 RAM CD BURNER DVD-ROm

GEFORCE 4 128 DDR

sound blaster live gamer x

win 98se

ps i feel for ya man this is a good game but inless you got stock with microsoft your almost sol sh1t out of luck

I'm using a voodoo5 on Windows 2000 ... with the latest "official" drivers from Microsoft and the game runs pretty good.

I'm missing a few of the cutscenes (sound but no picture) and there's a glitch in the texture management that will sometimes cause a mapload to take forever (ie faster to restart the game than do a quickload) but everything else seems to work fine.

I'm using a voodoo 5500 on Win2k (and WinMe) and it works well on both for the most part. I am missing the video on the pre-rendered cut-scenes, but other than that not much trouble. I did have a LOT of issues at first when I messed around with the video settings, so I put everything back to "default" and they ran well. Now I run default bumped up to 1024x768 on Win2k and everything looks good.

Again though, no video on the pre-rendered space scenes.

I have found a temp fix for my voodoo problems. It seems that the wicked3D drivers actually work. I downloaded the demo and installed it and most of my problems cleared up. I can now reload a game without having to restart JK2, and my cutscenes seem to be working pretty well. The only problem I still have is the opening part of the game with the "Star Wars Scrolling Text". At least now it finally appears, but it's all cloudy and I can't read it. Although, before it wouldn't even appear, so I guess it's a step in the right direction.

I am however getting a new video card to prevent any future problems with the now unsupported out of business 3dfx cards.

Archived