Home

If Dark Jedi have Drain...

RedHerring

I think that the problem would go away if a few things were tweaked..

like...

absorb....doesnt!

absorb sucks ass...it needs to cost less force, or get back more force...or both

Drain is broken...end of story.

Face it, dark has all the good attack spells.....

bah... no more multi for me until I find a foolproof way of beating those no skil grip/drain/lightning *****s

Snow

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[sarcasm]I've got an idea, why don't you strip the Dark Jedi of all the darkside powers and double the strength and halve the cost of the lightside powers. Then will all you b****ing cry babys be happy?[/sarcasm]

There are plenty of ways to counter Drain/grip, so learn them! You say the people who use Drain/grip/lightening have no skill, but in reality it's YOU that has no skill cos you can't find a way round it and resort to petty whinging.

I play as Dark Side, i use drain - it's a good tactic. My friend plays as Light Side and we duel nearly every day. He has no problem with me using drain and he beats me as much as i beat him.

Rather, people call for Drain Nerf, because they suck and can't counter it...

-----------

I play dark side. I actually got forced onto a _light_ side team last night because of autobalance and force sides. That was my first time EVER playing with light side powers. I had the top score for the three games I played. (Team FFA)

That was after coming out of a game where I had the BOTTOM score while using the dark side, for six or seven straight games. MikeZedi, Rogue47(???), and MrPincher DESTROYED me. They were _ALL_ light side users, and most of those destructions (especially Pincher) were one on one. If I was too close when I drained, they'd close and kill me. Saber to saber, I just got owned. If I tried gripping and tossing them off of ledges, they'd absorb it and keep coming while I was recovering from grip. Weapons were enabled (I kept stealing them, for some reason my opponents were never considerate enough to give me any weapons with ammo... :vadar: sheesh!) and that were probably the only reason I got ANY kills. *hugs Flechette Gun and Rocket Launcher*

I'm pretty good, and I don't fear routine ownage from dark side users. I look out for the light side. They're MUCH more dangerous, because with no range attacks (grip, lightning, drain) they need to rely on their footwork and saber skills. And they know all about the recovery lag that grip, drain, and lightning have... and take advantage of it.

Incidentally, during my team matches for the light side, I loved using Mind Trick. That power is vastly underused IMO. It's VERY cheap for cost, too. I got a couple of kills just for sneaking up behind people and chopping them in half, or turning a corner, going invisible, then blasting or chopping them as they looked around confusedly.

/longwinded ranting and babbling off

Drain is powerful. But the light side, properly used, can counter it.

- Gaeb

Archived