Home

New 3d Card, what to buy?

NightFallMyriad

W-W-WA WAHHHAAAAAT?!?!??! Hell NO!! The GeForce 4 IS NOT a faster GF 3 Ti 500! It's an ENTIRELY NEW CHIPSET! That's not even possible. The GF 4 Ti 4400-4600 cards are really fast, and have a TON more rendering features than the GF3 chipset has, such as dual vertex and pixel shaders, AccuView antialiasing, and many, many more.

-Sure Emon, if ya believe all that propoganda crap then more power to ya.;) -Do some research before ya post yur FOS GF4 glorifying crap. The GF4 is nothing more than the equivelant of a GF3.5 Ti! IDIOT!:rolleyes: WE're trying to help this guy out not turn him into a sucker.

Trust me, I speak from experiance.

-I happen to have 9+ years experience within Electronics Engineering/PCB Design along with a Bachs in Electronics Engineering. Also, 16+ Tech. certifications. What is your story kiddie? -A 2 week tech course from yur local CompUSA!?

......JEEEEEZ :rolleyes:

Sith, you are a total ****ing moron. It's not propaganda, it's called researching on many credible websites and reviewers sites, and taking the information specs RIGHT OFF nVidia's website. So your telling me nVidia is lying when they say it's not a new chipset? False advertising? Haha, I don't think so.

I happen to have 9+ years experience within Electronics Engineering/PCB Design along with a Bachs in Electronics Engineering. Also, 16+ Tech. certifications. What is your story kiddie? -A 2 week tech course from yur local CompUSA!?

9+ (you should know exactly how many if you actually had the experiance, fool) years of experiance with PCB design? Um, so? First of all, your probably lying, and second of all, THAT DOESN'T MEAN JACK ****! My dad has about 25 years of the same and even MORE experiance, he's worked with that stuff for ages, and he doesn't know jack **** about 3D cards!

Just because you know cars doesn't mean you know how to build a home, or just because you know everything about printed circuit boards doesn't make you an expert on another topic.

My best guess on you would be some stupid kid who has a GF3 Ti 500, and is mad that a card over twice as powerful as his just came out, so he's angry because he can't have the best there is, so he says it's no better than what he has.

This is all I have to say to you from this point on:

STFU.jpg

So your telling me nVidia is lying when they say it's not a new chipset? False advertising? Haha, I don't think so.

....Hmmm, I dont recall saying those things idiotboy. Learn how to properly comprehend what you read before throwing words in ones mouth idiotboy.

-Sure, it's a new chipset. Thats what they say. All the GF4 gpu is, is a ramped up GF3 gpu. You seem to be one of those freakin' morons that takes to heart evrything you read anywhere you read it. My main point being, the GF4 is not a true step-up next-gen card. It is simply an even more beefed up GF3 along with a few added gpu instruction sets.

My best guess on you would be some stupid kid who has a GF3 Ti 500, and is mad that a card over twice as powerful as his just came out, so he's angry because he can't have the best there is, so he says it's no better than what he has.

BUZZZZZ....wrong Einstien. I happen to be 30'ish.

Anyway, no point in arguing with some clueless punk kiddie. Yur not worth my time boy. Try go try pushing your wanna-be tech-guru crap at a real tech forum like arse or anand. You won't last 1 day before your laughed out the door:rolleyes:

Get the Geforce 3 Ti 200 - It will run any game currently on the market and most likely any game coming out this year. The GF3ti200 is more than your 550MHz can handle so don't spend the extra money for a GF4.

My game runs smoothly with my GF3ti200 and 256 mb ram. And my Pentium 4 1.8GHz Northwood. ;)

GeForce 4 Ti is a beefed up GF3, and I think the main difference lies in the fact that it has an extra rendering pipeline and improved culling methods so that its FSAA performances compare nicely to GF3 performance without it. I think GF4 Ti4200 is going to have the best performance to price ratio, but you will have to wait a bit longer for it. Or you can pay upwards to 50 dollars and go for Ti4400.

erm... well as it been pointed out ur system specs are low ..... and if ur gonna blow .... however much we reccon a Geforce 3 or 4 .... as far a price goes there still in the hundreds .... ur gonna end up with a 3DFX card that has more processing power then ur CPU ...... if u have the kinda of dosh to be getting a Geforce 3 or 4 i would split it between a new CPU (and possibly mother board) and an ok 3DFX card ....RAM is important too 128Meg is becoming recconmended now so u need atleast 256 Meg to stay a head. But up grading computer is a expensive and always annoying thing to do ..... so i refere to the famous saying "Your Computer is obsolete before you even open the box" in other words dont go mad up grading to max specs there'll drop down really quickly ..... but hay thats life get use to it .

Archived