Home

ATAT duel map teaser

Tems

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im not sure that i like this idea. i think ive decided what im doing for the map. i hate CTF maps (tho i love playing em) so i probably wont make one. i dont like symmetrical base type maps, and if its not symmetrcal, if gives one team an unfair advantage.

additionaly, im not too keen on inventing a new game mode just for the map.

I may in fact use that snowspeeder model (if its got a good skin or i have the option of skinning it to suit the map). Dead bodies would not be practical as they would be removed or buried by snow drifts. this is not right after the battle of hoth.

i might have the turrets available to be used, but it depends on what i can do for range of motion etc. its likely the map will be set up that the fire would only be aimed at a singular target, singe the whole head turns to aim and the ATATs are abandoned and likey in poor condition. you cant turn the head of a fallen ATAT.

Thank you for all the suggestions. gameplay times are going to be FFA and TFFA. I may not include a duel map, and if i do make a duel map, there will only be one ATAT in it, likely tripped.

-Tems

I'll swear that I saw some ice and snow textures somewhere in the assets pk3s. I just spent about 5 minutes going through them, but couldn't find them. I thought that they possibly pointed to a Hoth level that didn't make it to the final production. Anyone else seen them?

Tem's, how's JKRadient going. Hopefully well.

I just stopped by since I know you're around here alot. I decided to take a break from my model and mess with radient, perhaps a player mode/map release see?

Everything is fine except the few differeces from GTK get me a bit boggled at times.

So anyways on to my question.

Have you figured out how to get the models working yet?

Ships and what not?

If so please tell me how.

Happy Mapping!

models are certainly the least of my problems. im still having the strangest lighting issue with my compiles, but hopefully ill have it worked out soon.

ive been talking to 'luke vs vader' (i think thats his name here) who threw together a snowspeeder model. though asthetically pleasing it had a few technical issues and redundant polys. im in the process of optimizing and skinning the model for him. once this is done i'll add it to the map.

update: i have indeed made up my mind for how the map is going to be. im not going to describe it just yet, but i will tell you it will certainly be a duel map. I set out to make Tatooine as a duel map due to the lack of duel maps in the game. going from quake 3 to JK2 tho i discovered the scaling issue was more of an issue than i thought. instead of starting new with tatooine i will be making this small enough to be a duel map, as well as to not step on the toes of people looking to do hoth maps. i won't have the base included.

snow textures: as always, i'll just make some of my own. it needs custom textures anyway for the ATAT and the footprints in the snow.

I will be modelling the rest of the map soon. the ATAT is not fully textured yet, so i wont be posting another shot of that just yet. However once i start to get some of the environment done, i'll post a shot.

thank you all for your suggestions. as is my character, i'll end up doing the idea i had in the first place. i have this theory that people only ask for advice as a means to fortify their original position. i did get many new ideas for small details to add from your suggestions, tho, so thanks.

Expect an update in.... one week.

-Tems

p.s. I just moved to a temporary location for 2 weeks where i have only dail up. then in mid may i will be moving again somewhat more permanently, so if im slow to show signs of life for a chunk of may, that's why.

<--- Lex Luthor??? Why that? ;)

But I know what you are talking about with the scaling-problem... I hate it right now. Decided to do my map in q3 and then portate it to JK2. Before I do so I'll check on the exact measures of the model... So I'll be updating my things slowly too.

Besides I think I'm gonna wait for GTK-Radiant before really getting started in JK2... JK2Radiant only gave me the creeps so far.

It's the small differences that get me mad...

Originally posted by Kx_Dra_Sycdan

Why are it's legs so thin?

It's good but not all that accurate...

Also it's not cool to showcase your work in someone else's thread.

Anyway Tems your MAP looks real nice and all that, not completly exact but it damn close.

I must concur with Kx on all his points.

And geez, there's a reason they have a New Thread button at the top of the page...

*explodes*

the legs are that thin because thats how they really are. there were much thicker to begin with. look at some schematics. i assure you its accurate. i thought they should be thicker too until i saw the schems.

thanks for the input tho :)

-Tems

Archived