Home

Change kyle's skin in SP?

Alkaizer

First of all,

Is it possible to change Kyle's skin (model, whatever) in SP and if so...how?

I've won the game and I just really want to play the game again on 'Master Jedi' with one of those really kick ass skins to add extra replay value (Hey, it works for me :D).

Well you basically need to open the assets 0 file.

Then go to players and models (it could be the other way around) then extract the kyle folder to the desktop.Make a backup of it too if you want to use the original kyle again.

Then you delete all the files in that folder and replace them with the files of the model you want (just open the pk3 file and put all the files from there into the folder).

Then put it back in the assets 0, players models, and it should show up in SP.

DON'T go altering the assets0.pk3 file - it's unwieldy, not at all necessary and permanently alters the game. Instead, make a new pk3 file with the changes you want made to the game (i.e. putting a different model or set of textures into the models/players/kyle folder) and put it in the base directory. The game loads all the pk3 files in the base folder alphabetically, so if your new pk3 file is called something like newkyle then it's settings will overwrite the standard ones for the current game your playing (meaning the new skin/model can easily be uninstalled). Changing Kyle's model in the npcs.cfg file only works in cutscenes, the single player character in the game is always the one in the 'kyle' folder. Be aware that your current savegames will work fine if you only change the textures for the normal Kyle model, but you'll need to restart the game or load a level with the console map command to get a new model working correctly.

Archived