Home

demo to avi?

cLIpT0

Yeah, there is a way.

Found this in a previous post:

Open the console and type:

Bind kp_5 cl_avidemo 0

bind kp_uparrow cl_avidemo 25

This will bind five and eight on your numpad to start and stop. You can start this in a demo or in midgame if you wanted to (but it's totally unplayable if you do.)

The variable there (0,25) is the number of frames per second it records at, theoretically you can do more, but it's really just a waste of HD space, 25 is more than sufficient.

Once you're done while recording from a movie, it will output to a folder in your base directory called "screenshots"

Then use a program like Videomach (which is shareware) to output it to an avi form, then use your favorite codec to encode.

Videomach here: http://www.gromada.com/VideoMach.html

Works just fine. Videomach seems to crash if you choose to put music on though. Use Adobe premier to edit and put music on your demo instead.

Morcavalin

while watching the demo use the console command:

cl_avidemo 25

that will export the demo into 25 jpg frames a second to the screenshot folder

when the demo is complete, change the setting back to 0 (default) to stop exporting frames.

once you have the frames from the demo, you can use a program like VideoMach to turn those frames into an AVI file.

I wouldn't suggest using VideoMach to add sound to the demo however, it seems to have alot of issues with that.

I then take the AVI file I made in VideoMach and open it up in Adobe Premiere and add sound and special effects as I need/want them.

the only problem with this setup, is that if you don't have any good video and audio compression codecs, a 30 second AVI file is about 200 megs.

I use DivX 5.0 for my video codec, and Microsoft ADPCM for sound compression of the mp3's and I can make a 2 minute video that's about 40 Megs.

HTH

the purple one

Enabling cheats in MP is made by typing devmap followed by the map name, if Im not mistaken.

Regarding sound from the demo to the AVI: Forget it. What you actually are doing is taking 25 screenshots per second and then running them as a film. There is no way to capture the sound.

/Morcavalin

Originally posted by DarthCobra

Does anyone know how to enable cheats in demo so i can change the cg_thirdpersonangle and cg_thirdpersonrange for avi captures.. and also .. how do u get the sound!!

If you dont know the answer.. Thats ok .. no need to say it cant be done .. im sure you are mistaken. And enableing cheats in demo mode is what i wanna know.

Well, In theory you could record the sound with some wav-editor from the demo by firing Cool edit (or some other program up) press record, run the demo and then later synch it with the moving pictures using Adobe Premiere. Thats the only way I can see it being done. Good luck!

Map List

kejim_post

kejim_base

artus_mine

artus_detention

artus_topside

valley

yavin_temple

yavin_trial

ns_streets

ns_hideout

ns_starpad