Home

This may be a big help to Newb's!

NomadWR

Greetings all,

One thing that I have found in this game, is that the design team was real good at making things odvious for those who take the time to look, and think about what they see ( weather it's on the floor, the wall, or the ceiling) or if you just think "wonder what if I try this"...

I do know that in some levels you don't have the time to look around, but if you go back when you've gotten through one of the tough fast areas of any level, and go back after it's safe you'll find the tell tales that they left for you to find.

When you get stuck, I've found that again they have hidden the way in plain sight if you look up, down, and all around! This dosn't mean in any way that the game is easy, I'm just saying that the design team really got into hiding things in plain sight, and did one heck of job doing it...

I wonder how many of them are watching us come to this message board, and getting great satisfaction of a job well done...

Well those of you designers that are comming here helping or just reading, I salute you "WELL DONE"

~NomadWR~

http://www.geocities.com/wrnomad1b1

I have to agree. I have only been stuck in a few places but was always able to figure them out just by looking around. One place I was stuck (I wont give it away for those who havnt gotten there yet) was solved just by looking up. I find it a bit dunny when peoplw get frustrated and are conviced that some of the puzzles were designed to make them buy the strategy guide. No guide needed for ths game, just a matter of paying attention and looking around.

I lost Jen. in the begining of game...

The game I'm playing now is geared for the loss of Jen. Luke even mentioned it in the begining of " Jedi Trials" he wondered was on my mind. Now in cairin I have been up lifted knowing that Jen may be alive...

So indeed the game taylors it self to what happens, not on a strict " this is what is going to happen, if you missed it, you lost it" like the games of late 90's ( the early FPS "high 3D res games")

~NomadWR~

http://www.geocitites.com/wrnomad1b1

Well, you're supposed to lose Jan after the Mines.

But, yes, taking the time to look around is essential. This is especially true in control rooms. There are soooo many switches that blend right in with those around them. It makes it seem more realistic. I mean, how many of us got tired of seeing obvious switches? I'm glad to see, too, that the designers took the time to pay attention to background detail. I kinda miss the civillians from JK1, but you can't have everything. Kyle lives in a 3D world, just like we do.

Archived