Home

It's seems like cheaters have reared they're ugly head...

Pseudonym

Will cheating increase?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Will cheating increase?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I'm afraid it will, but I hope not.

...already. I recently played in a server, probably the same one mentioned in another thread, where someone was using the skin model without a body.

So, do you think that a wave of multi-hacks could appear? I.e. Wallhacks (force seeing without the force, maybe), aimbots, ESP, speedhacks (force speed without the force, maybe again), ect...

And people calling each other "n00bs" and "h4x0rz", inevitably ruining this game, like they did Counter-Strike?

I'm not exactly sure what Lucasarts or Raven implemented into the game to prevent cheating; but the Quake Engine is similar to Half-Life's, and anyone who's played Counter-Strike knows that hacks are prevalent and easy to acquire/install.

I hope people don't cheat in this game; one of my favorite aspects of the multi-player mode was that cheats were not available for it, yet...

I was also looking forward to future maps and modifications; but if hacks and scripts accompany them, I don't know....

How bout this? Any one who posts on this thread sign on their post not to make cheating servers.

But if you weaklings must cheat, kick anyone who uses healing cheats, force power cheats etc. I don't see a problem with the double blade saber, but if it aids the person using it, boot him.

Myself I don't mind getting ammo cheats, but only on bot matches.

On a pure server, the only problem we have is the "hands only" model for Kyle that we've known about for a long time. This plans to be fixed in a future patch, says Raven.

I think we can give it a rest and not get too paranoid about it.

Next thing you know people will be accusing each other left and right of "hacking" that's the LAST thing we want, so let's just keep this low key for now, okay?

; p

I personally believe that most of Cheating is just in peoples heads and not truely happening. Sure there are real cheats. But most of the time people that think cheats are being used against them just plain don't know wtf happened. For instance, earlier tonight of a FFA game with guns enabled the streets map, I grabbed the rocket launcher and used the Tracker(Alternate Fire) on them, and watch the missle track them for half the map before finally hitting them, all of a sudden I'm a "h@x0r n00b" and I MUST be cheating. 10 minutes later the one guy has everyone convinced that I'm cheating and I am promptly vote kicked from the server. This happens every day to me. Some little punk that doesn't know a saber from his penis decides I'm cheating because I do something that he doesn't have the mental capacity to understand.

Long winded, and full of spelling, and grammar mistakes, 4:30 am.

Originally posted by Con. Snake

I personally believe that most of Cheating is just in peoples heads and not truely happening. Sure there are real cheats. But most of the time people that think cheats are being used against them just plain don't know wtf happened. For instance, earlier tonight of a FFA game with guns enabled the streets map, I grabbed the rocket launcher and used the Tracker(Alternate Fire) on them, and watch the missle track them for half the map before finally hitting them, all of a sudden I'm a "h@x0r n00b" and I MUST be cheating. 10 minutes later the one guy has everyone convinced that I'm cheating and I am promptly vote kicked from the server. This happens every day to me. Some little punk that doesn't know a saber from his penis decides I'm cheating because I do something that he doesn't have the mental capacity to understand.

Long winded, and full of spelling, and grammar mistakes, 4:30 am.

Is there any tracker mode of rocket?

don't get me wrong cuz my experience is alt fire of rocket makes a double damage which costs you double ammo but no track?

Am i right?

the secondary fire on the rocket, if you hold it on someone can lock on, and track them, but you have to hold it on them steady, so it's practically impossible to lock on to someone whos lively,

I played on one tonight that the problem was just... unskilled pathetic people, alt repeater's all over the place, people pot shotting away with the disruptor, (for goodness sakes use it right and snipe) and stuff like that, I must have gotten 4 kills in like half an hour from just deflecting peoples shots back at them,

I personally rarely have a problem getting a lock on lively players, yeah sure they move around alot - but 9 time out of 10, they're highly predictable, and it has like a second or 2 delay before it loses lock, and if you get the crosshair back on even their toe by that time it continues locking. Knowing you gun, and your opponent is the best weapon one could possibly ever have.

Then again, the Rocket Launcher was just an example, I mostly use just the E-11 Blaster. But when people decide its in their best interest to gang up on me, I've been known to get down and dirty with some well placed explosives :) favorite thing to do is backpedal while being chased by about 8 people, and drop a detpack - and blowing them all to hell :D

Back on topic:

Cheaters suck, but are there really as many as people think there are?

Originally posted by Schizophrenic

I'm more frightened at the gradual decay of the English language than I am of cheaters.

It's "their ugly head", not "they're ugly head".

Schizophrenic

Sith Probe Droid

;)

not everyone comes from a country where English is spoken

Originally posted by Con. Snake

Back on topic:

Cheaters suck, but are there really as many as people think there are?

Hmmm... I need to learn some of those strategies.

Back on topic:

Yes, unfortunately, in Counter-Strike there are. Here is the OGC forum; which as you see has quite a few members. Plus all the non-member hackers and so on.

Lots of people do it, although not everyone's good at it.

Heh, if you use tactics like I do prepare for a few things, first and foremost, prepare for being called a cheater. Second, try to play in Team Free For All servers, because the enemy will hate you and they will do everything they can to gang up and actively seek you out. The less you get gangbanged, the more health you'll have when the second wave comes and you're too far from health spawns, or waiting for them to respawn. I had a team run past 3 of my teammates last night, just to get me. They were promptly stabbed in the back my the teammates who they ran past. Third, learn to ignore things, you will be called every insult under the sun by those you defeat.

I should start getting demos of these, they're just too damn funny.

In Other News tonight, Consolidated Snake has Insomnia, the masses are shocked, and scientists are working on a solution that doesn't involve a lead pipe. And now for the weather...

If you win,.. no, wait, if you kill anyone at all then certain people will accuse you of cheating. This is because it's easier for them to believe you cheat, than it is for them to recognise that someone has more skill than they do. It is the excuse that saves their over-inflated egos from being punctured.

Over-inflated egos are the cause of all such problems, as it's the same type of person who cheats, who accuses others of cheating willy-nilly. People cheat because they haven't got enough skill to win. People accuse others of cheating indiscriminately... because they haven't got enough skill to win. People love to win, and they hate to work at winning. Is it any wonder that the so called "3lite" look down on the rest of the community, when they have to put up with the constant and unceasing detrimental remarks, insults, claims that they're dishonourable, accusations of cheating...

I've come onto a server, where one or more people are using the arms-only skin. I then proceed to win, and get accused of hacking, and have attempts made to kickvote me. Meanwhile, the same people who are trying to kick me, leave the arms-only folk alone, because they don't happen to be winning at the time. This says it all.

Some of us truly despise cheaters, because they're not playing the game, they're playing us for fools. We kick them, hound them and try to make their gaming life a misery... But only if we're dead certain that they're cheating. (And we get to know the game properly before accusing anyone.) Sadly other people don't feel the need to either attain skill, or attain proof, before slinging mud.

You can only cheat in JK2 if you enable cheats in the server. (Host must.) The people at ID Software put much time and effort to write anti-cheat coding into their engine. If you see someone who seems to kill you all the time, and never die, chances are they are just really good. Recently, I have been on a few servers that I have been kicked from for "cheating," for being able to switch force powers quickly. Yes, you heard me right. =) Most people out there are very ignorant about things, and open their mouths about things they don't even have the faintest idea about. (Do some research before posting threads like this, please.) =)

-Rosco

wow , some gewd posts in this topic, very inteligent (god i hope i spelled that right).

[/rant]

I have yet to see any cheaters in this game. This still doesnt stop the barage of accusations from people of lesser talent / mindset. Online gaming is wonderfull because it allows you to meet and play people of a like mind with similar skill, the downfall is that those occurances can be rare and cluttered with filler namely lesser skilled individuals calling you every name in the book for showing them up.

We can only hope for the best, however the mentality of those who accuse before actually knowing anything, will never change unfortunetly, to the rest of the 1337 reading this, lez kill some newbs hooAH! :D

Originally posted by Schizophrenic

I'm more frightened at the gradual decay of the English language than I am of cheaters.

It's "their ugly head", not "they're ugly head".

the decay of the english language is far beyond repair on this particular forum

(oh wait, that's america and nearly all other english speaking countries that I'm referring to...)

Was I by any chance the one going around with no arms- a load of lamers came to my favorite ffa server and I got annoyed and loaded the kyle ffpls model so I could not be easily seen by the gunners- but when I was dueling- the glow would show up the rest of my body. Of course I was just sitting quietly in a corner and waiting for someone to duel- but when I did they would just say OMG SUM1 IS A HAXOR. I even gave them the command to access the model but did they listen... Anyway was it me?

Archived