Home

ATST needs improvement *Spoilers*

ACGe0rge

When piloting the ATST in Yavin, I noticed a big problem with it. There are several places where tageting is a pain because you cant see in front of the d@mn thing. Fortunatelly, the guys who can actually do some real damge are at a higher level than you so the crosshair is above the ATST. But when the guys come at oyu on the ground, you cant see them cause the ATST model gets in the way. It would have been nice if they could have included a 1st person perspective since it would make sense that the pilot wouldn't have to try to look around his own vehicle to shoot. I realize that it's still not too hard to kill the guys on the ground but I think this was a real design flaw in the game. This is not a big issue but it still frustrates me. Anyone else agree or do most of you think Im an idiot?Donmt worry, I realize if you do agree thar there is still a good chance I'm an idiot :)

:atpt:

haha funny last comment. I don't think you're an idiot. I had the same thoughts and therefore i left the ATST at times to scout ahead on foot and nail those high placed cowards with weapon no. 4 (what's it called?). Then I returned to the ATST and could take out the rest and sometimes trample the troppers flat :)

I agree the 3rd person view is not good enough.

when your in the at-st you can use the main cannons or the side cannons but not the rocket launcher. rockets would be the most fun of all. so why aren't there rocket?!:swear:

oh yeah, and the 3rd person view do make targeting a real pain in the arse. although it is a lot of fun to walk on guys. heh heh. I get a real kick out of that. does that make me sadistic?:confused:

Originally posted by greedo626

when your in the at-st you can use the main cannons or the side cannons but not the rocket launcher. rockets would be the most fun of all. so why aren't there rocket?!:swear:

oh yeah, and the 3rd person view do make targeting a real pain in the arse. although it is a lot of fun to walk on guys. heh heh. I get a real kick out of that. does that make me sadistic?:confused:

there is a way to use the rockets. when you have the side connon selected, just alt fire and you will have rockets.

I also found teh targetting incredibly frustrating ftrom the 3rd person view - so much so I didn't jump in the AT-ST. I completed the level on foot...

Also, somewhat related, I found the previous level (Yavin swamp) equally frustrating when using teh light saber because occasionally foilage got between Kyle and teh camera, making it awkward to control him form the 3rd person view, which is kinda essential for some of the jumpy parts...

Xon.

Archived