Home

Where are the rest of the Duel maps?

EnforcerSG

I was flippen through the manuel, and i noticed that the screen shot for the multiplayer setup section was displaying the setup info, and it was set to duel. However, there were 9 maps listed there. Aside from the ones that did not come with the game, there was Lightsaber Training, Hanger Bay 77, Cermonial Hall, Bespin Air Vent. Will these be releced later, or is my copy bleeped up or what?

Sorry if this has been brought up before.

it's in my manual too, no idea why those maps aren't available, but I sure wish they were, the four maps that I got with the game for dueling all kinda suck IMO, too cluttered and clumsy for fun saber battles.

the best place I've found for a saber fight so far is the upper platform in the ffa_bespin map, but that takes forever in "duel" games cause you seem to never spawn close to it.

the purple one

We must show Raven the power of this fully operational Forum!

;)

Destroy something they like: A cute ducky or bunny, perhaps a Quake 4 .dll, send out Shadowtroopers to take the offices over, (after all Stormtroopers have a lame taunt.)

Seriously though, maybe it's intended for the "rumored" expansion pack. Or maybe they'll release them in the patch, who knows.

Originally posted by JK_Morovski

BGJ is THE best level ever for duels

altho the players are too big for the new one (BGJ2.0) so everything seems a lot smaller

the level has lost its scale somewhere along the lines

the level itself is much smaller

in the ship, there it is shorter, and there is only one walkway leading up to the horizontal ledge instead of two

there is less room on top of the ship

there is less room in the cave

less room on the top cliff

its just smaller....

My guess is they were preliminary map names that were changed before the final release, or maps that didn't make it into last build.

Who knows, maybe these levels will be "finished" and part of an expansion or official level pack? ; )

Kurgan

And they defo ain't in the pk3 files either.

Sloppy work from the manual makers me thinks. Surely when the SDK comes out it wouldn't be hard to make a duel make of the jedi training place by simply cutting out the rest of the map and changing it to mp and adding the duel settings and the same for the rest

Archived