Home

Jedi Knight II, can't be TRUE Dark Jedi.

TodenEngel

I don't know if this is the place to *****, but it seems as good as any. I think it's absolutly retarded that you can't be a completely dark Jedi in Jedi Knight II. In the first JK, if you played dark side, you were dark side and the game and cut scenes changed accordingly. In JKII, which I absolutly love, it doesn't matter how evil you play, you aren't evil. I can run around choking the hell out of as manny allies as I want, in the cut scenes Luke will still tell me I seem 'Less Angry'. I can't get any more angry.

And in the first JK you could kill whoever you wanted, enemies, allies, NPC's, anyone. In this, if you kill too many allies, the game ends. That's BS. What is the point of allowing you to play evil if the storyline says you have to be good? If you allow a player to be evil, then adjust the story accordingly. In my opinion, that's just flat out laziness on Lucas Arts part. This is a VERY good game, but just like any other game LA does, they f**ked it up in the end.

I disagree.

The game plays almost entirely different than ST:EF.

Very few things in common.

What do you mean sounds? Haven't played it yet?

If not, don't worry, it's very different.

As always, Raven did a top-notch job on this one.

Ok, so it was Raven not LA, I'll give that to you. But it still doesn't change the fact that no matter how Evil you play, you are still a good Jedi. It's like there's no consequences. Did anyone ever hear old Obiwan say, "By the way Luke, if you want to go ahead and crush a few tracheas with the Force like your old man does, feel free to. There are no ill consenquences to that. You can still become a Jedi Knight guardian of peace and justice. It's just a means to an end." No, I didn't think so. Now I'm not saying that JKII is a bad game, in fact it's one of the best FPS's to come out in a long long time. I just think that Raven dropped storyline in order to get the game out an make some cash. Once again impatience and greed have botched up another otherwise damn fine game.

Maybe they figured that there weren't enough people interested in a Dark Side storyline to bother including one?

And with the given story line, a dark side branch wouldn't work very well... In JK, it was easy to brach the story line to include a dark side ending. In JK2, how would you explane going to Yavin 4 to help save the jedi academy if you were a dark jedi?

Kyle is firmly set in EU lore, so perhaps LA told Raven they couldn't do a dark side campaign?

And lastly... Greed as you put it, is rather unfair, Raven didn't prodouce JK2 out of the goodness of their heart, they did it to make money. It's very possable that they simply didn't have the budget to include a dark side branch in the game.

Ok Vanor, you do make some very good points.

First, the story could easily incorperate the Dark Side into it. Maybe Kyle goes to the Jedi Academy still to destroy Desann for using him and toying with his fragile emotions or some crap, and also to finnish wiping out the Jedi so that he can become a Dark Ruler of his own. Or maybe he would help Desann to destroy the Jedi and they really would team up. All I'm saying is it would have been possible with a little effort.

Now admitidly, Kyle is kind of a ***** and his character would play the light side. And therefore they want the story to end good and everyone be happy. Fine, just don't give us the option to play Evil. If you want Kyle to be good, then only allow Light Side force powers. Otherwise let there be consequences to you choosing the 'Fast and easy path of the Dark Side.'

And I don't mean to rag on Raven and call them Greedy Bastards or anything. They did do a HELL of a job with this game and I thank them for that. I just feel they could have put a little more into it. I personally would not have minded waiting for an extra month or two on them if they had added this in.

Archived