Home

Halo

Pol Favre

Originally posted by GreyJedi

It is supposed to come out on the PC soon.

I was a Bungie fanboy until they lied to everybody about Halo. First they said that they weren't going to sell out to MS (This is not an anti-MS rant).

They sold out.

Then they said that Oni would have multiplayer.

*looks at copy of Oni*

Then they said that Halo would come out on PC first and THEN on Xbox.

*looks at shelves in game store*

I don't believe anything they say anymore.

Originally posted by Darth Seph

You know you could have just downloaded an x-box emulator and saved a lot of money.

No such thing. Hell, Playstation emulators are just now becoming very playable and the system is 7 years old.

Originally posted by Darth Seph

Mate i have one and it works fine , so do other people i know

Prove it. Screenshots (NOT SHOTS FROM A REAL XBOX) and an address to the site it's on will erase my skepticism.

If you have neither, then I don't believe you. You simply saying "I have a working Xbox emulator" doesn't make it exist unless you have proof.

stop pissin, schizo. if you're too lazy to check on kazaa...then...well, stop pissing.

i don't like emulators. i used to do a lot of snes and gbc emulation, also has an n64 emulator with a couple of games. but now, i'd rather just have the real thing.

It's not that far fetched to believe an X-Box emulator exists. Remember that all other consoles, like the Snes, Playstation, etc., have custom chipsets and hardware designs that need to be emulated whereas the X-Box was designed from the ground-up to be a sort of modified PC for playing games (if I recall correctly, doesn't it have a P3 733mhz processor and a Geforce graphics card?). Writing a program to play games that are almost PC games anyway would be much easier than one that had to handle all the processes for a game system as well as the game itself (so you'd get pretty good performance as opposed to, say, a hypothetical PS2 emulator).

Actually, I've just checked on Grokster and an X-Box emulator is actually available. Don't believe it, open up Kazaa or Morpheus or whatever and search for it.

Yeah, it means that a file named 'Xbox Emulator' is available on Kazaa, which in no way proves that an Xbox emulator exists. It's probably a fake.

If the Xbox had been cracked, we would have the media all over it, as well as a page for the emulator boys. Have we heard or seen anything about it? No. Conclusion : It doesn't exist.

Im afraid this emulator does exist folks, I also have it.

as ChampionMrSocks has already pointed out, things like the PS Bleem emulator and the N64 emulator require a Pc far far greater in power to the origional console because the architecture (mainily the instuction sets) are so different. The Xbox on the other hand uses a crippled P3 (half the L2 cache) and an onboard GF3, there is actually NO or in worst case VERY LITTLE emulation required, all you really need 2 do 2 play a game from the XBox on the Pc is have something to break the disk encription and then emulate the I/O from the gamepad onto your keyboard and mouse.

All this myth about needing a supercomputer is unjust, the min spec 2 play a game perfectly is just something matching the Xbox, having faster than that actually yeilds a performace increase over the Xbox. My 1.8ghz Athlon XP can run halo a hell of a lot smoother than the Xbox can.

Actually, X-Box emulation may well work in Bungie's favour. If we can play the games on a PC, they're likely to sell a lot more copies to those people who want to play the games but aren't willing to shell out £300 odd quid for the console. It just increases the market size for the game sales, which is where the money is anyway. The actual systems are usually sold at a loss and the companies make their profits with the sales of console games, which are typically more expensive than their PC counterparts.

Originally posted by Schizophrenic

First they said that they weren't going to sell out to MS (This is not an anti-MS rant).

They sold out.

Then they said that Oni would have multiplayer.

*looks at copy of Oni*

Then they said that Halo would come out on PC first and THEN on Xbox.

*looks at shelves in game store*

I don't believe anything they say anymore.

Agreed. My current opinion of Bungie is that they can "bee el oh double you" me.

Archived