Home

RGB Colored Sabers

Bl4de

Should saber color be RGB selectable?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Should saber color be RGB selectable?

• Yes
    • No

Guest HertogJan

WOAAA!!! Cool idea! I wanna pink saber :rolleyes:

No, I'd take a REALLY ORANGE saber, orange is the color of my country, you know!

And it would be cool to choose your own handle too! Players could select from say... 6 saber handles... Make this sticky!

Seriously, why would you want customised sabre hilts? Heres a couple of reasons why I don't think you'd need them:

1) Unless you're running around in first person mode all the time, you wouldn't notice it that much.

2) Your opponents sure aren't going to notice it that much, they'll be trying to KILL you, not go "oooo, what a pretty sabre hilt"

3) Considering you're trying to kill you opponents, you actually have time to look at the sabre hilt? :)

Just a couple of reasons why.

You can be right Obi, about saber hilts but it is good for sp i think and i enjoy to play with different saber hilts, i also made about 30+ saber hilts but noone (I also sent e-mail to http://www.jediknightii.net) hosted them,and you can believe that they are much more better than the ones on the net.So playing with different saber hilts good for me dont forget:Details make life more funny.And one last word if noone hosts my files then you wont see my stuff like new SP maps and saber hilts(if you prefer).I made 2 single player maps and now i am correcting their bugs.If everything goes good you ll see big,good sp maps but their size can be a bit big.So, i have to get back to work, cya guys

I made a black saber useing photoshop all u have to do is make the color 250, 250, 250 not exactly true black but it's close enough for me. and supsedly the guy who made the superman skin has found away to add new sabers in as selectible. but i'm not sure if he has relesed that pk3 file yet cause they wern't there when i d/led the skin.

-Royal

Since there's no shader instruction for your blade, the black color won't be taken as transparent, and anyway, there are many blend filters that will do the job.

But even if technically, the dark blade can be made, I have some conceptual problems to figure it as a lightsabre's blade and accept it.

Anyway, I wish there would be not too much mods out there, but almost one where you can change the color among many, if not as said before through the complete palette of colors, the model of your saber, the ignition sound (yes, for example, Maul's lightsabre has a different ignition sound), the "switching off" move and mostly the stance.

I'm someway tired to see all fighters stand in the same position.

Remember the Dark Jedi in JK ? All of them had their own stance.

I specially see Jerec during the final battle for an example of that.

Good input you guys, didn't think I'd strike up conversations. I think JKII.net should make this their next poll on the site :p I see out of 89 votes, 93 percent want it, Raven should do this. Has anyone emailed them this idea?

Obi, people want originality and details, no matter how small they may be. It's most often the little things that push the game over the top. And people often want to be like real jedi, and to become a jedi you have to have your own light saber, I think this would please the people like that, and others as well for good eye-candy.

.....Just so you all know, for the saber to be transparent, it would have to be the exact same shade of black that they use for the JPGs.....if thats the color they use. I know Half Life uses pure blue.

But back to what I was saying.....all they would need to do is make 0,0,0 unselectable.....er....or 255,255,255....i'm not sure which one is black...heh, not much of a graphic artist....

....I think personally think that a pure white blade would rule...ahh, there are so many colors that would be awesome.

Custom Saber colors would get me even more hyped. I wish it was. But being the star wars fan i am, i'd never us Black or White. Those are the core colors. I believe a Saber would be unstable with the core colors. Personally i like DarkSaber's. BUt, the mod doesnt work to great. I mean it varies on computers...i've only found one comp where all lightsaber's work. But Hey, i like my Saber Color right now. But, You never know, you might accidently find a color you didnt mean to, and have your favorite saber color of all.

Originally posted by ArmchairAthlete

WHO wouldn't want them? Since we haven't even gotten a patch for big problems like crashing I'd say this is a lost cause with Raven. Maybe someone will make a mod or something...

Like I said before, a mod would be BAD. For one thing, it wouldn't work on all the servers, you'd have to find a server that actually downloaded a mod. And if it's just client side, no one else would be able to see your saber color except for those who downloaded the mod. And not everyone downloads mods. It would be better if they put it into a patch so everyone has it not just a few people, and it will work on any server.

Archived