Home

RGB Colored Sabers

Bl4de

Should saber color be RGB selectable?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Should saber color be RGB selectable?

• Yes
    • No

I looked through the forums for awhile (not too long) just thought it'd be cool to see what people think. Should sabers be RGB selectable (IE. you select from the color grid with EVERY color for a saber color so sabers are about 256 times more unique) or should they just have the 5 original 0.o

Originally posted by Darksider

Ill say it again

I WANT BIG FLUFFY PACK : JKO!

What was that?

I think this is the best thing Raven could do with saber-uniqueism if you will, in the sense that people can have their favorite color instead of preset ones, and give them a real reason to be unique.

This would be an excelent thing to have, and I think it could be done without too much of a problem. For instance in Drakan: Order of the Flame you could do something like this for the color of your armor. If someone can host a screenshot from that game so I can show just what I mean, just send me a private message.

it wouldn't be that hard to implement in a mod and i ll be glad to do it !

BUT as always we can't do anything til the sdk is released .....

and btw a black saber would be hard because black is 0.0.0 in rgb values

and it will be transparent ......

waiting for the sdk ... COME ON RAVEN !!

All Raven has to do is make it so any darker colors don't show up transparent. And I would like if Raven realeased this in a patch that way you don't have to download a MOD which only effects 1 user unless the rest have it, this way everyone will download it and everyone can see everyone elses saber color.

Do any of you have Photoshop 5 or higher? I ask because I understand exactly how the saber effect is done. I do it all the time with my SW themed artwork. I create the glow effect on a black background. when i place the saber blade effect layer over my image, I set its mode to SCREEN. What screen does is filters transparancy based on the brightness. Black is the darkest and is thus invisible. the lighter the color, the more opacity it has. Since the saber effect is primarily a gradient, we get a perfect, gradualy fading glow that even reacts to light colored backgrounds.

wouldnt the transparent one be white since black is every color combined? Plus, wouldnt the saber backdrop matter since any color wouldnt be visible if the color right behind it is exactly the same, that is if the sabers were the same color all the way through, but they do get a bit lighter as they get further away from the center.

Originally posted by Chanke4252

wouldnt the transparent one be white since black is every color combined? Plus, wouldnt the saber backdrop matter since any color wouldnt be visible if the color right behind it is exactly the same, that is if the sabers were the same color all the way through, but they do get a bit lighter as they get further away from the center.

Um, no, all the colors combined makes WHITE. Black is the total absense of color.

Cool. Someone went and took my idea and made a poll out of it.

As for preventing black sabers (white shouldn't be prevented, because one character in one of the books had a silver blade) you simply prevent the three RGB values from smaller than something like... 255 (check this in something like Adobe... it's the smallest natural looking color you can have.) That still leaves you with 510 colors to choose from.

It's cool that everyone likes my idea. :)

It'd still be better if Raven made all this stuff (more saber hilts as well) and included them in a patch, because not everyone downloads the mod, and then those who don't will never see your cool saber color or hilt.

Maybe a moderator should make this a sticky, I think it's a very good idea. BTW whoever said this was your idea, I think 2 other people came up with it as well :p. BTW I just took this idea from someone and turned it into a poll, I never came up with it.

as far as the colors

White is all the colors being reflected back to your eyes off an object

Black is all the colors being absorbed by the object (why darker clothes are hotter, it absorbs all the colors in the light spectrum)

As far as the idea: Love it, I want it. Tomorrow if possible :)

Archived