Home

One of sony's worst items is going to be their own

Heavyarms

Stop or I'll have to close this thread guys. (irony ;) )

Personally I don't care about the burners or their effect. They are there. The public and the Government are just going to have to deal with it. DVD sales might slip a tiny bit. But overall it is best for the DVD industry because it gets people to by DVDs (if they have a DVD Burner then they will have a player) and DVD players, even if they do copy a few.

Thanks guys, i knew i wasn't doing anything wrong.

Anyways....I don't think that VHSs are ineffective. VHSs are easier than DVDs, and cheaper as well. I know i'm not gonna start buying lots of DVDs until they start getting cheap. Although i have a few, its really not worth it unless it is a really good movie. Eventually though, i do think that VHSs will be phased out, although by then we will probably start thinking how the DVDs should be phased out by the latest technology, whatever that may be. Oh well, thats how technology works, i guess.

Give it up Heavyarms. You just don't like Sony because the playstation 2 is so popular.

Do I have to make it any clearer?

And why am I always outgunned?

CAN ANYONE UNDERSTAND MY POINT?

CAN ANYONE LOOK AT MY PoV?

Originally posted by AU_heavyarms

Give it up Heavyarms. You just don't like Sony because the playstation 2 is so popular.

Do I have to make it any clearer?

And why am I always outgunned?

CAN ANYONE UNDERSTAND MY POINT?

CAN ANYONE LOOK AT MY PoV?

I was saying thanks to them for stopping you from bickering with yourself, which apparently didn't work.. Then i said i knew that i wasn't doing anything wrong, which i'm not and never have on this thread. So please follow what the mods say and drop the subject.

well, I guess I didn't post my proof.

Let me post my proof, shall I?

I shall :D

Well, to start off, if there is a DVD burner, and you have a copy of a game, jedi Starfighter, for example. If one person has a dvd burner, and one has the game, and someone else wants it, they say "can I borrow the game for a day?" And what if this friends burns more copies for their friends? It would hurt sales, would it not? It could hurt sales of Sony made games, could it not? COULD IT NOT?

It could :D

And Tie guy, who says you can't burn a PS2 DVD :confused:

And Don't say you can say that.

I'm not saying this could be the truth, could it?

Also, Tie Guy, I never give up once you get me going :D

LOL You crack me up Heavyarms. You make it sound like this is some heated debate when you are the only one who is mad, or really debating for that matter.

Anyways, back on topic for the last time.

You can't burn PS2 DVDs and play them. I don't know if you've ever tried to burn a PSX game, but it doesn't work. You need a mod chip. This is because the PSX and PS2 have special detectors that null burnt games, which have a distinct signiture. Bascially, only games that have the right encoding can be played, and that can only be done by the manufacturers.

You can burn games from a DVD burner, but you must have the right software. That software is not legal. In fact a developer of game emulators (Bleem) was shut down tring to make a PS2 emulater, Sony sued. The only reason Sony is making a DVD burn is it improve their DVD sales. They don't care about side effects.

END DISCUSSION

Archived