Home

The Truth, You Seek

Dirakan Monah

I knew there was something puzzling me on the first day I got the game, and although it was just that notion that something didn't seem right. After beating the game multiple times, I still didn't know what seemed wrong. It hit me after I was writing a background for my SWG guild. Does anyone relize that though the entire game, if you come upon a reborn or a shadow trooper, and just get close enough to make then ignite their lightsabers, that they just stand there. I don't know if its a glitch, but I think the games too well made for that.

If I remember correctly, the light side of the force is used for defence, and the dark side is used to attack. If you must take the first swing at the other guy, does that mean your a dark jedi? If the enemy just waits for your attack, and defends himself, is he a light jedi? Even Dessan, the Darkest jedi in the entire game, waits for your attack. Does this seem puzzling to anyone else?

Just my thoughts

Dirakan Monah

Its so if someone wants to play the game out like its some private duel they can. IE: when I duel online sometimes, the person and myself will walk in oposite directions in a circle around each other. Well you can do that in the game, its lets you taunt if you want or you can just run in blindly. But this is just an opinion of mine.

I can't say I noticed, to be honest. I either went in swingin'-and-grinnin'...or did a quick grip and a saber-throw through their stomach - instant kill. Of course, that's with the first few Reborn you encounter...they get gradually tougher, and start countering grip... I know one of the toughest Reborn went for me as I opened a door, with a couple of Stormtroopers in tow...

...just thinking about it makes me want to go back and play it over again...oh, wait...I already am... :D

1. They like to taunt you like that.

2. Just because they are "Dark Jedi" doesn't mean they will run at you, "AAAAAAAAAAAHHH DIE JEDI DIE JEDI DIE JEDI" And swing their sabers at you with full rage. Dark Jedi can and often do use a defensive style for lightsaber fighting.

I see this as a high point of the SP game. It's a classic method used in cinema to build tension before a good fight. Like two gunslingers staring each other down at sunrise.

Usually, providing that they see you and that the level allows them, they'll attack you within 15 seconds, no matter how far away you are. But once you're inside 3 or so meters they'll attack too.

If you get bored waiting, attack them. It's too easy to slay someone if they run up swinging, and it would be a dissapointment if the game always made it that easy.

good point. that reminds me of the seven samurai, where the well-disciplined swordsman waited for his opponent to attack first, only to kill him in one strike. it built up the tension pretty well, since the camera just swung back and forth between the opponents for a good 30 seconds

Mmm.

Not a glitch. Almost reminds me of that scene from Episode One with the reactor force fields... Darth Maul, staring down the Jedi. Breaking him down. Getting into his mind. Finding his weak points...

Okay, so its a computer bot.

Close enough though...

Don't you Baztards have any imagination??!?

-Stan Tencza

========================

Archived