Home

MP HELP - CL_ParsePacketEntities

NSBF

Hey... I need help (hense why I'm here).... I am trying to play online, and when the game is like 30 seconds in it goes back to the main menu and says something about CL_ParsePacketEntities

Hmm? :atat:

Me too, seems to have been discussed in other areas of the forum with no definite conclusions drawn - suggestions of no-CD patches and memory hogging cfg files being to blame have been made but personally I have found these suggestions unfounded.

any others care to specify what network card they're using?

I use Realtek 8139

(maybe helpful if people running the MP successfully give NIC details too - lets see if a pattern emerges)

I wouldn't blame XP just yet.

My system

AMD 1400

GF3

512Mb

Win XP

and

PIII 800

GF2

256MB

Win XP

No issues similar

I have noted similar complaints on the dedicated server forum. Just an idea, could this issue be server side? Check that forum and see if those issues are similar.

Other than that, update your NIC drivers and (If relavent) Router Firmware

Happens to me too. I'm on 56k so i only play with bots, and it still kicks me to the menu with that damn error!!

I've played it one time when i actually played for a while before the game decided COMPLETELY lock up.

PATCH

PATCH

PATCH

PATCH

The no-CD crack is the culprit for this error. I've tried it. It works (at killing the game). It may not be the only one, but it is the most prominent. If you've used the crack, delete it and replace the cracked executable with the one you backed up first. What? You didn't back up your original game executable? Time to reinstall then.

ode1085, or what?

I figured it out. If you don't want to always have the CD in the tray (or you warezed the game, for shame:cool: ) get an original JK2mp.exe, not cracked, and go to gamecopyworld.com and get the MP loader, not a nocd crack. the loader will bypass the cd check without screwing with the executable

Have fun:D

I've seen the error on a buddy's comp who was trying to use the no-cd crack.

However, in the past two days, I'm getting it too now but only on some servers (not too many but enough to be noticable). For the record, I am running Win2000, the game cd hasn't left my CD drive since 3/28, and don't have any large .cfg files.

Would it do this to a client if the server is run using the no-cd crack?

TDS

Darth_Merc: at gamecopy world, under jedi knight 2, look for this:

Jedi Knight 2 v1.0 SP/MP [ENGLISH] No-CD #2

It will say this under multiplayer:

No-CD Instructions - Multi Player:

Install the game - Full Installation.

Extract the START-MP.EXE !Loader from the Patch Archive to the <GameDir>\GAMEDATA directory.

Execute the loader to play the MP Game!

Kane or darth merc, has this mp loader worked for you guys? I didn't back up my jk2mp.exe, so i reinstalled the game and i'm about to dload this mp loader. Are you sure it works? I tried some other no cd cracks, but none works. ANy help is appreciated. thanks

AJ

k i had the same error and i already had the crack/file mentioned from gamecopyworld. this didnt work. to get the program working om my pc - which is for the record

P3 550

Voodoo3

i ran the wickedgl program to get it working and i've had no probs scince - now if you got an older version of wickedgl (like me) with the quake3 install - you do the obvious - rename either jk2sp.exe or jk2mp.exe to Quake3.exe - install wickedgl into the direct folder so it dont play up with quake3 if you got that installed too and *hopefully* it'll work for you.

now i dont promise it'll work it might not - but this error pissed me right the f*^# off so i figured i'd at least help out the guys who were giving off the tips here.

best of luck

Darth_Merc..

the lan game can be played with the crack from gamecopyworld - i only know this cos i got three pcs at my place and i had three pcs going lan of jk2 for about 3/4 hours the nite we bought it - get it and whack it on all pcs - and use the Start-MP.exe instead of the normal exe and you should be good. thats the only way that i know of that you can play the game lan-mp without buying a new cd - unless you got clone cd or something and you wanna run off a whole ****load of copies.

best of luck again n have fun.

Archived