Home

Why I don't share tactics.

SiTH[SAiNTx]LrD

Shareing tactics is like shareing how to cook a special dish to someone else. Tactics being, from how I play, combos I have learned and use effective, etc.

I mean many people ask me, "How do you do that." Mostly when I use my special technique in blocking and perfection of certain combos.

I believe if you can't learn what I am doing then, tuff.

Do you guys share your tactics to people? Why or Why not?

No. As most people dont respond to my inquiries. They say get your own tactic and then I kick their ass :). I mean why not share so that the overall populace at least gets somewhat better. Right now I can go whole games and not die and be on top of the scoreboard. Unless some drain gripper comes and even then absorb works miracles.

****ing A....

I wish I had somehting worth telling..

All I have gotten out of this game is a burning desire to wonder how the **** the light side can win...

seems to me that the only way a light sider can win is if they are a superior saberist..

Dark is broken.

thats my advice...either get reaaalllly good at saber, or play dark.

any advice?

Snow

Originally posted by SnowMongoose

****ing A....

I wish I had somehting worth telling..

All I have gotten out of this game is a burning desire to wonder how the **** the light side can win...

seems to me that the only way a light sider can win is if they are a superior saberist..

Dark is broken.

thats my advice...either get reaaalllly good at saber, or play dark.

any advice?

Snow

Visit my thread for sabering advice:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45076

As far as force is concerned. Dark is pretty much unstoppable when the Dark player is experienced. Doesn't really have to be too good with the saber, either. Level 3 drain simply doesn't have a counter-power in the Light side. Some people will tell you absorb is all you need, but it's really easy to just wait out an Absorber. Check my challenge posts or http://antisabercode.50megs.com/ if you want to convince yourself i'm not a n3wb spouting shiite.

I agree completely w/ Artifex. I know Raven had a short development cycle on this game, and most if it seems to have been spent in the SP game -- this is not a bad thing. The AI of the saber 'bots' in SP is great and it was the best SP experience I've had since playing Halo.

I wish Raven had the time to play-test the MP as much as the Epic/DE guys seem to be doing with the UT games. Getting everything balanced is more fun in the long run.

I share my tactics all the time. My reasoning for this is it gets pretty boring beating people with the same tactics all the time. I consider myself really good, but the only way i will get better is to play someone who wants to get better. I can basically pull almost anyone to the ground and give them a strong saber slice, but this gets boring after a while, so i have told people how to counter it to make them better players and in turn I have to get better. I have played some jedi that can block me from throwing them off ledges or block my pull and saber tactic, but they are very few. Some get pissed but I tell them the counters and then thier okay with it, plus it seems kinda of cheesy when your the only one who knows how to counter certain tactics. For instance drain, pull or push tactic. many people dont realize that you can push or pull someone after draining thier force power no matter what they are doing.

another is the mindtrick. you can jumpkick someone without revealing yourself, so you just do it to them over and over again until they die. (pretty funny actually. they usually run around all crazy like)

another is grip, push. why run them over to the edge with only grip when you can just grip them and push them over the edge, alot faster in some cases.

Originally posted by 3rdeye

Share the knowledge and compete on execution.

I picked that up long ago in multiplayer descent and still like the idea.

Hey... do you play D3 ?

If so, what nickname ? :)

I normally don't share my tactics... altho I gave a tip or two to a few buddies of me 'coz they were getting put off in fighting me, due to getting 0wned too much ;)

I don't see why I shouldn't share tactics...

A) Multiple people already do so.

B) Somewhere it's gonna get piled into FAQS

C) Doing so allows for a higher degree of fun for the other side.

D) Doing so allows for a higher degree of fun for my side, in dueling and what not.

E) I'm afraid Jeff K. is going to steal my internet.

:D

- Twitch

it's pretty lame to not share tactics. Yes, I'm a newbie in JK2, but in XvT (X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter) I'm a decent pilot.

I don't mind sharing my tips & tricks in XvT, and the same applies when I eventually get more experience in JK2. Thing is, it's not fun if you win all the time, like newbie bashing.. Most fun it is when you're opponent is as good as you or better. Then you always learn something new, you improve, and the game is much more fun :)

Anyway, JK2 and XvT are very different, but I guess it's the same in that sense.

Also, the clue to have fun in any game, is not to be the best. But to not be afraid of getting whooped, but learn from it and get better. It's much more fun to be a good loser.

sir Latin

Originally posted by SiTH[sAiNTx]LrD

Shareing tactics is like shareing how to cook a special dish to someone else. Tactics being, from how I play, combos I have learned and use effective, etc.

Taking the cooking analogy a bit further.. If a famous/good cook shared their reciepe (in a cook book for example), you read the reciepe from the book and then cook it, would the end result would be on par with what they would be able to create or how it was meant to be?

I think not.

Knowing tactics and being able to apply them to the best situation are 2 entirely different things...

People who dont share tactics are usually (not all the time) people who are afraid of getting beat or having their own tactic used against them.

Its a game people, not the secrets of life.........

Reapy, if they are using the heavy stance and you use the light stance you can saber them across the belly before they have a chance to put thier blade on you. Personally I play in the light stance and have a key bound that automatically switches to the heavy stance and then does the heavy downward slash and then switches back to light for my finishing move when i knock people down. you can also do a jumpkick against them quicker then they can saber you if they use heavy stance for thier finishing move. best thing to do is dont get pulled on the ground in the first place. choose and pick you moves. careless moves result in a quick dead noobie. that is why when you see really good players they are not just running around and swinging. they are feeling each other out and taunting the other into making a mistake. block a lot and always face your oppenent, unless you are baiting them. dont use force powers or swing unless you are sure you can hit them.

Vertigo, yeah I have been with the descent series for the last 6 years...my god I can't believe it has been around that long. Nicks are mordrim, pistgerbil, 3rdeye, and SpankHanky. I don't play a ton anymore like I used to.....

Anyway, "share the knowledge and compete on execution", I believe came from a fellow that went by the handle Glock21 in D1 and D2. This cat had the superior mind set and skills. He made a site that laid everything out for all to read. Did this screw him as far as keeping a high kill %? Nope, not even.

It is in the execution.

Irregardless of how you feel on this subject, it is really a moot point in that this time 6 months from now there aren't going to be many (if any) secrets.

Originally posted by SiTH[sAiNTx]LrD

I believe if you can't learn what I am doing then, tuff.

Do you guys share your tactics to people? Why or Why not?

There's certain lamers out there who are spamming moves like the DFA. I think it is good to share tactics to other people getting frustrated with all the spamming.

If more people know how to counter the moves of a spammer, then maybe there wouldn't be all these lamers out there spamming all the time. (forces them to come up with other moves of their own).

Just a thought

DA :cool:

Originally posted by Skidrowpunk

I guess all of you that say the darkside is too overpowered never use Absorb. And, if you do, i bet you don't use Mind Trick. Levle 3 Mind trick works WONDERS.

Actually, I use both. And seeing. Why seeing? Because of Mind Trick :) That, and I can set up ambushes...MUWHAHAHAHA

;)

- Twitch

I love to share info...I honestly love it when I find someone that is a challenge, otherwise I end of creating my own challenges (like only killing the leader of a FFA or only killing people with kicks).

the only time I was disappointed with helping someone (and now am a little wary of helping) is when someone admited that they were using warez to play....it dawned on me then that a large portion of in-game questions are coming from people that don't have manuals (i.e. warez)

Archived