Home

----poll---- ASC vs. SC (let's not turn this into a flamewar)

DarkAgent

Saberist Code or Anti-Saberist Code  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Saberist Code or Anti-Saberist Code

• -SC- (Saberist Code)
    • *ASC* (Anti-Saberist Code)
    • Neutral (I play by my own rules)

Ok lets have it. How many go for -SC- (the Saberist Code) and how many for *ASC* (the Anti Saberist Code).

Personally, I started out -SC- but am now completely Neutral. I found being totally -SC- is restrictive and for me it took a lot of fun out of playing the game.

But that's my own personal opinion.

Cheers

DA :guard:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hm.. i'm something between SC and neutral....

i like the idea of SC.. but it didnt turn out that well...

that whole ASC thingy bothers me.. of course there's a reason for artifex and others to be mad at some of the SC'ers.. but i have never met him.. i've never really complained about him... i never said you have to ban forces...

and he keeps insulting SC... beeing gay and stuff...

but does this really matter? does he have to flame us and ruin fun for us just because he thinks bowing looks gay?

well i can understand that he's mad at those that votekicked him.. but i've never done that and i prolly wont ever do it

plz artifex.. hear me : PEACE!

I invented *ASC* initially as a joke to make fun of individuals who almost certainly own a pair of Star Wars pajamas. If not some swanky silk-screened bed sheets.

Some people with poor english skills misinterpreted it as serious rather than a joke and attacked me and *ASC* calling us/it lame, accusing us of trying to ruin their role-playing (you role play, i don't), and comparing us (baselessly) to myg0t clan. What began as a joke became a magnet for personal attacks. Hence, the *ASC* became a group actively seeking the demise of -SC-. Ironic, isn't it, that the *ASC* sprung phoenix-like from -SC-'s own acerbic comments?

The whole basis for *ASC* now can be distilled into one concept: kicking people off your server is lame, callvote kicking is worse. Unless someone is using some hacking software or making a supreme nuisance of themselves by text spamming or constantly calling votes for no reason, then there's no reason to kick them. I would just have admins and players alike really think hard before they kick someone out of any game, not just jk2. Understanding this, I hope you can see why I, and the rest of *ASC* is so against a group that publicly declares they will kick people for not following their non-game based rules of etiquette.

There. I've had my say. Flame away.

heh thats the first time that you say something that REALLY makes sense

oh and btw

i'm no starwars fan.. i've never been one

i dont have any SW toys or other stuff

i simply love to role play...

just hack n slashing gets a bit boring by time ... its just...i think a bit of conversation and that honor stuff... adds to the fun

oh and i totally disagree with that kicking rule

i'll never vote kick any players again (except they are called D*CK VADER and wont stop annoying us with silly spamming like

SUCK MY D*ICK YOU D*CKSUCKING D*CKSUCKER)

tis no joke.. i've seen that...really scary

oh and about that *ASC* "we will ruin the game for SC" jokes

be carefull about that... some ppl on your side wont notice that it was a joke and start doing what you posted....

I think every single person who was on the ASC side was fully aware that it was a joke. They were also only against Soul-Burn's proposal of vote-kicking people off from public servers because they are not SC.

The ASC stands for one thing only: letting people play the way they want.

As for Role-playing, can you point me to one star-wars movie, book, whatever that shows people bowing and turning off their lightsabers before they start combat?

Maybe seeing people bowing ruins my Star Wars experience as much as people not bowing ruin your version of Star Wars experience. Just a thought.

Originally posted by BacMeth

heh thats the first time that you say something that REALLY makes sense

oh and btw

i'm no starwars fan.. i've never been one

i dont have any SW toys or other stuff

i simply love to role play...

just hack n slashing gets a bit boring by time ... its just...i think a bit of conversation and that honor stuff... adds to the fun

oh and i totally disagree with that kicking rule

i'll never vote kick any players again (except they are called D*CK VADER and wont stop annoying us with silly spamming like

SUCK MY D*ICK YOU D*CKSUCKING D*CKSUCKER)

tis no joke.. i've seen that...really scary

oh and about that *ASC* "we will ruin the game for SC" jokes

be carefull about that... some ppl on your side wont notice that it was a joke and start doing what you posted....

I honestly don't think there's anything objectionable in the *ASC* initial post. Everything there is within the rules of the game, and nothing interferes technically with the viability of the server or the gamestate. I loudly proclaim my encouragement for people to follow my *ASC*.

Originally posted by ArtifeX

I invented *ASC* initially as a joke

There's a lot of people out there taking it quite literally ;)

Personally, I think that how the game (Yes - its JUST a game) should be played is totally up to the individual. There is certainly room for endless tactics and strategies. Enjoy it the way you want and respect the way other people choose to play.

The key word here is -Respect-

cheers

DA

Originally posted by Soul-Burn

Yet some people like you spidey turned it to a huge flame war.

I've already agreed that the callvote thingy is too extreme for public servers. I still think it should stand on private/rules servers.

That's because like your new nickname SLOW-Burn suggest, you are too slow to remember the things you wrote. It's always easier to point your finger at someone else isn't it?

The only reason I even responded to this debate was because your stupid proposal of calling for kickvotes. Now that you realize the majority of players are not petty like that, you are changing your tune.

Yep. I am pretty rock stubborn and I will never change my views that you should let people play the game they want to.

I am not tryingh to control others like you obviously feel the need to.

You started SC for yourself. That's why you want to vote off people from public servers so you can dictate the way to play as you like it.

Don't try to act like you were doing something good for the community.

Artifex was the only one who made any sense. And the fact that people can't even see that he was being sarcastic was pathetic.

Originally posted by Spidey

That's because like your new nickname SLOW-Burn suggest, you are too slow to remember the things you wrote. It's always easier to point your finger at someone else isn't it?

The only reason I even responded to this debate was because your stupid proposal of calling for kickvotes. Now that you realize the majority of players are not petty like that, you are changing your tune.

Fight the good fight, Spidey!

I play to win but i wont attack some1 if there away

i go by my own rules i dont find forces cheep cuz they kill u or whatever its part of the game... i think they should have fists like in JK that way u knew when some1 was away and every1 on JK new fists= peace.. and if u wanna duel go on a duel server not a ffa cuz ffa = free for all

my $40 worth

Yep. I am pretty rock stubborn and I will never change my views that you should let people play the game they want to.

They want to play like I stated... Obviously in the Saberist Code thread it's visible.

124 agree with SC

34 aren't SC, but agree

45 disagree

124 alone is more than 45.

All this stuff about "Public Servers" and "Private Servers".

Correct me if I am wrong, but there are really only two types of games being run out there. There are servers with, and servers without; passwords.

The term "Public", implies that they are being run for the people and by the people. If that is your definition, fine. Then if the person hosting the server sets it to allow voting, then they wish their "Public Server" to be run in a democratic way.

That means that the majority rules.

So, with that being said; if you are on a server, and the majority of the people, whether you agree or disagree with them; want you to leave, then you go, or you are removed. Its pretty simple if you ask me.

If it's a Free For All server, I'll do what the name implies:

What ever the hell I want!

If it's a server set up for dueling, the I'll duel, unless it's a FFA server as people who complain about people using guns in a game with the words "Free" "For" and "All" in it are gh3y!

BY3

Originally posted by Soul-Burn

They want to play like I stated... Obviously in the Saberist Code thread it's visible.

124 agree with SC

34 aren't SC, but agree

45 disagree

124 alone is more than 45.

Yes, but I believe that the *ASC* is made up of more players who wish to win at a game than players who simply want to talk about how pretty light style is and role play.

The very rules of -SC- keep its own from becoming versatile players by continuously duelling in heavily-controlled and rule-laden environments. Someone who is good at that type of fighting may find their 4ss being handed to them by someone who's mastered using Mind Trick and simply slices them dead without warning.

I think people who follow the -SC- will end up as poorer players in the long run.

I disagree.

No one said that -SC- is against forces or strategies. It's pretty much written that "STRATEGIES DON'T MATTER! IT'S JUST ABOUT NOT LAME KILLING".

When will you get that???

I as SC play sometimes on Force/Weapon servers... And yes, I use repeater alt-fire... But I won't attack 2 people who are far from battle and just dueling eachother, or with saber close. Obviously I wanna win too, so if someone comes to them (probably YOU), i'll kill him.

I will attack anyone that attacks me.

If someone challanges me in game, with saber open, and I decline, I will kill them. Afterall, it's a FFA game.

IN SHORT: The fact we have the option to play in duels doesn't constrain us to playing duels only...

While you play anything, but never have enough honor to not lame these people.

Guest HertogJan

I use the -SC- tag but still, I play according to my rulez; according to what I think that should or shouldn't be done!

For me, -SC- means:

- I like to duel

- I won't attack somebody with lightsaber out

- I will show respect; most of the time that means bowing, but I don't mind if someone doesn't want to bow, except when I have my saber out

- I will follow the rulez on the server; when everybody agreed that it's no force, I won't use force. If they use force, I'll use force too. If I use force by accident, I apologize

- If everybody uses forces, I will too. Even drain, although I don't ***** forces/moves, because that isn't fun for ME

And if other -SC-'s don't agree, **** it, I just want to show that I like to duel...

If I think about it now that it has a label on it I guess I was *ASC* beforce *ASC* and -SC- were even announced. ASC is natural and not devised among players like -SC- was, which kinda makes -SC- seem fabricated and voted on by the masses and Urggh.

Nothing agaisnt -SC- just seems pathetic to have an ethics system about a game where killing is involved.

I mean, don't take it personally if I frag 2 -SC-ers dueling I persoanlly think you should go duel on a saber only server but thats me! if I get Voted off by Majority Rules because Im not killing while following a code then thats just sad.

I won't be using the ASC tag because I find it unnessacary since its I believe its anyones natural apporach to any FFA death match FPS game and shouldn't be stated, but it had to be stated because of people taking the Starwars too seriously so I give Artifex Props for saying it to remind you -SC'ers not to go to far.

I know ASC was started as a joke (great laugh) and it stated that they should prevent the likes of -SC- taking over servers and putting nazi rules on them but Im gonna treat everyone as an equal.. Im looking out for Number 1 on FFA and everybody else I see saber out saber in dueling or not is a target for me.

I mean, don't take it personally if I frag 2 -SC-ers dueling I persoanlly think you should go duel on a saber only server but thats me!

Fact is, that's not the problem. People like ArtifeX are just whining that these 2 SCers will stop dueling and kill YOU together and then go back to duel.

And if the admin of the server said that the rules are to be enforced, then it's tough luck for u.

This -SC- bull***t, well that's fine. If you wish to have your own code or whatever then i don't see a problem with that. Just don't expect the average player like me to have any respect for that code on a FFA server. If you feel the need to check whether your shoe-laces are tied then great! You do that cos loose laces are a real hazard, just don't be surprised if i decide i want to cut you down when you aren't looking. And if people want to duel on a FFA server then you are asking for trouble really, cos if you want to duel then you should be on a dueling server.

I'm tired of running into people with an "-SC-" tag in their name who try to kick me off server's because i want to use grip to crush your throat, rather than dueling it out in "honorable combat" on a FFA server.

I'm not saying all -SC- players are like that, and i have respect for their abilities and the way they want to play the game, just not on public servers when the rules have already been decided and mention nothing about -SC-.

Archived