Home

force grip

qix1t

Hi i'm new at this as u'll probably see by this next question

When i'm playing on the imperial level (the one with loads of platforms), people keep on force gripping me and throwing me over the side. However, when i try to do the same, when the crosshair goes off the person, they fall to the ground and i lose the grip. Even when i try to do it slowly. Other people seem to be able to whiz me around wherever they want. HOW THE HELL DO YOU DO THAT!?!

This really belongs in the MP strategy section.

Most likely prob = Do you have lvl 3 grip?

Less likely = DId you run out of force? did you get drained?pushed? did they absorb?

Also, practice practice practice.

Beyond this I don't use grip so I couldn't tell you for sure.

HBK

With level 3 grip you grip them and they stay in your centre of view. If you look around they move around too which means if they hit a wall in doing so they take damage. This works as long as you:

1) keep the button pressed

2) they dont force-push you or something else to interupt your grip.

3) you run out of force

There maybe some other reasons but thats all I can think of.

Honestly... There's nothing cheap about Grip. It's just another way to get kills, and it's easily countered by Push, Pull or Absorb. It's only sort of cheap when they drain you empty and then grip you.. I hope they do something about that in the patch, it's virtually uncounterable.

You need lvl 3 Grip to be able move your target around with lvl 2 you can just choke them with lvl 3 you can move them around and then throw them off.>=)

Another good tactic is choke them and when they fall to the ground trying to get air take a few good slices at them or maybe even 1 big slice.

:D

Originally posted by Kanubis

Possibly you are destined to win through skill rather than cheap tactics?

You must be one of those masterbating fan boys I keep seeing on the servers.

How can using something that was included in the game be cheap?.

Get outside,get some sun and lose some weight. Only then will you understand how pitiful your life is.

Boy In A Wheelchair

*yawn*

I haven't met too many drain-grippers lately. Guess I've been lucky.

If you meet a drain-gipper, and don't manage to get absorb on in time to counter his drain......i.e. if he actually drains you dry and is going for the grip.....just go evasive. Roll away, jump, whatever it takes to get you away from his grip range. There's no shame in running.

If they drain + grip you, and you're a light-sider, you can activate lvl3 absorb at 1 and half bars. They'll only be able to damage you by 4 points by that time. Meanwhile, as soon as you activate absorb, it'll cancel the grip AND refill your force by more than half!

The only time this becomes a problem is when you're near a pit, such as the streets map, where you won't have time to regen that bar-and-a-half before they grip-and-flick you off the edge, but in that case, you should really be prepared against such tactics ahead of time... ;)

This is a serious problem, and one way to counter it would be to have Pull (not push) and Absorb handy on the two closest buttons to your movement keys.

In Nar Shaddaa streets, grippers are an annoyance and they relish in it. I can't understand that attitude, mostly because I'm a goody goody two shoes guy that says good game and good fight, obeys honour codes and uses light force powers. However, you get SO much more satisfaction when you read your name at the top of the frag list knowing that you worked for those kills.

Boy in the wheelchair - Don't get much attention at home, huh?

Originally posted by VeKToR

In Nar Shaddaa streets, grippers are an annoyance and they relish in it.

I don't play in public forums, only with friends and friends of friends. I must say that I respect "codes of honor" in as much as you shouldn't kill someone immediately after they've respawned infront of your sniper's campout... but some people are TOO against a lot of the game's features (there's a reason why bacta is in the game). Listen, I'm not a very good player (I'm getting better, but not yet).

For every time I kill my friend with grip, push, or pull in Nar Shaddaa and/or Factions, I end up losing that frag by falling off on a miscued jump. I would bet the same goes for a lot of the people you have problems with. But he's a far better player than I am, and it keeps the game competative AND it keeps him on his toes. He has no complaints about it... in fact I get congratulated for it...plus the fact that it goes vice-versa too! :cool:

For a lot of people, I think the intentions are good when it comes to CoH's, but sometimes it makes those people come off as "holier than thou." Basically, I think people just need to start following the rules of the game they are in... If you don't like the tactics, go to a new game... if the problem is one person, kick him/her out.

I'm sorry, I'm not attacking any one person in particular, that is far from my intentions. I am just stating my own personal opinion.

Archived