Home

Imp defector to the Redemption

Puddly

I'm new around here, but I checked the forum and I could not find anything on this mission:

You need to attack the space station after you destroy a squadren of Ties. After you start giving the Space Station hull damage is starts to send out shuttles. Shuttle AA-23 contains the Defector. I ID the defector with out any trouble and I follow him to the Rendverous point without any trouble. When the ISD shows up with the Interdiction cruser Binder I fend off the Tie bombers and fighters, fire missles at the Binder, and reload on the Calamari Cruser. I can usually get the Redemption out of there safely, but every time the Calamari Cruser gets blown to bits by the ISD. And I fail the mission every time. I am using version 2.02 and the tips don't help me with that part of the mission.

Can somebody please help? Thanks

It's a buggy mission even with the patch.

Try and take out the ISD's guns (especially on the side facing the Cruiser). You can pretty much ignore the Interdictor as the other squadrons will take care of it.

Saying that though, even if I manage to save the Cruiser half the time it vanishes into hyperspace never to be seen again...I usually skip this mission.

Time to re-earn my title as the Top XWA Instructor

*wipes dust off of uniform*

BATTLE 3: Mission 6: Rendezvous with Defector

-----------------------------------

* Craft: X-Wing

Shield Rating: 50 SBD

Hull Rating : 20 RU

* Mission Objectives:

FRG Redemption: Return to fleet

Locate Imperial defector

PREVENT: FRG Redemtion: Destroy

* Bonus Points:

(250) Destroy 100% of Imperial Starfighters

(250) Destroy PLT/6 Outpost DX-11a

(500) Destroy ISDII Subjugator

* Opponents:

Imperial TIE-Fighter Squadrons

Bulk Cruiser

XQ6 Platform (no defenses)

Other non-threatning ships like CTRNS, SHU

Imperial TIE-Fighter Squadrons

Imperial TIE-Interceptor Squadrons

Imperial TIE-Bomber Squadrons

Imperial TIE-Advanced Squadrons

Imperial Star Destroyer II

Imperial Interdictor

* Difficulties:

Large numbers of TIE's?

* Tips:

First attack the T/F's and then proceed with the PLT/6. Once the shuttles depart, go ID them at once! If you find the defector too late, he will hyper out of the area.

Once you are back at the frigate the ambush will be launched. Engage in the dog fights and keep an eye out on those T/B, who are the biggest threat to the FRG. Don't stare yourself blind on them either, you got to make sure you survive the attacks of the other TIE's, so divert your fire power to them (if necessary).

The INT Restrainer should be taken out as quickly as possible. Reload your torpedoes on board of the CRS Liberty, if necessary. Once the INT has been destroyed, you can concentrate fully on the dog fights with the other TIE's. The T/A should have launched by now too. They are harder to take out since they have shields.

one things you shuld note when firing Torps at captal ships.. for long range shots you should fire them without getting a lock (also called Dead firing) target something else or turn off your CMD to do this.

Good luck, and clear ether pilot!

• 7 months later...

hello,

I have completed this mission - well almost. My final remaining object was liberty to return to fleet. It flew really slowly but after about 5 minutes hyperspaced out. It never arrived at the fleet. Any way around this? any way to complete the mission?

I know that skipping is an option but i skipped one or maybe two earlier and I don't know how many i am allowed to skip.

holdmykidney

Archived