Home

Force Pull, Opinions?

Tarus

Im not sure how many of you all played Jedi Knight 1 (dark forces 2). In that game a force pull yanked a weapon from the persons hand 9 out of 10 times. I think they should patch the game and allow weapons to be pulled more easily.

I don't mind weapons for the most part but some of them are kinda of stupid in certain situations. Mainly the plasma ones that can not be blocked. The defense against those type of guns in Jedi 1 was of course the pull, you pull a darth vader and rip the gun from their hand....now you can rarely do that.

Another thing that isnt' a really big deal but would be nice to see is for a push to last a big longer in regards to bombs. When people shoot or throw bombs at me I like to push them away but normally they can shoot much faster then I can push ;) Again, this one isnt' a big deal.

What do you all think about them chaging pull to make weapon stealing easier?

This is no big deal... Now, it's true you have to be pretty close to your opponent to pull the weapon from his hands but I don't think it is a problem at all as with saber defence 3 you can block almost everything and the rare stuff you can't block (like the repeater secondary fire) is quite easy to dodge. So let the suckers use up their ammo and then slice them in half!

As for pushing bombs and rockets, it's quite easy to do it all the time, you just need a good timing (coupled with evasive maneuvers in case you blow!).

As a last ressort, if you're still bothered with ranged weapons using opponents, try playing on saber only servers... ;)

Well blocking isn't a problem most of the time, its the few guns like the secondary fire of the peashooter and such. Also you can't always simply dodge because of lag, small areas, etc. And for the most part a skill gunner can not be killed very easy because if you attack back your defense is gone.

I miss the Jedi game where they would get a few shots off and then the gun would fly out of their hand. Also being able to pull health, shields, and guns toward you. I dont' see any reason they can't have that in multiplay.

Personally I think bigger guns should have a 100% pull rate at 3 ranks pull. Guns like the starting pistol and storm trooper rifle shouldn't have a 100% but not 0 ether.

As for items, with any pull you should be able to yank items toward yourself if they are on the ground....more ranks means you can pull from farther away.

Archived