Home

Loading times

Diversion

Anybody but me who has problems with loading a saved game?

It always work but can take up to 7 yes you read right 7 minutes.

I've got a Celeron 800 with a Voodoo 3 card and 128 Mb Ram, not exactly a supersystem but It should run without problem.

I've also tested on a P III 866 with Geforce 2 256 and 256 Mb Ram. It was a bit quicker but not by much. Whats the story here?

hi dude

you seem to have a better system then me!

i however have no problems with JK2 at all

loding times are fast! 2 mins maximum!!!!! mostly 1 and a bit

i only suffer occasional slow down , but i have a slow processor!!

you is unlucky :p

have an Athlon 750 at about 800, with 384mb ram, and a GF2GTS 32mb DDR, and it only takes like,... at most, 3, and more like 2 minutes to load a level from nothing, and loading a quicksave from the same level takes like 30 seconds to a minute, depending on how far from the save I was.

since for loading, processor power isn't the gargantuan issue, I'd attribute the difference to amount of system ram, and speed/quantity of video ram, it's gotta load up those big ass textures from the HDD, to the system ram, to the video ram, any of those places bottlnecking could cause a problem,

I had acceptable loading times with an atlhon 800, GF1 and 128mb ram pc-133

now I added 256 ram for a total of 384, and I have amazing loading times

You probably have your graphic options (texture size, etc) higher than what you should

check a thread at the raven's announcements forum about this

My longest load time so far has been a minute thirty-ish, and that was one of the more complex levels (Artus mines or Yavin I think) with a bunch of stuff running in the background (Winamp, Trillian, etc). On average, my load times are all under a minute, and all multiplayer levels are under 30 seconds. (P4 1.6, 640 megs) Quickloads almost always take less than 10 seconds, usually closer to 5, even on the most complex levels.

Processor speed does have an effect on load times, but nowhere near as much as ram does. If you're running this game with 128 megs (or less *shudder*), you'll definitely have long loads because the game will have to swap out a lot of stuff to your relatively-slow hard drive that should be stored in much-faster ram.

Ideally, buying more ram would help your load times far better than any other single upgrade, but I would not even think of buying ram right now unless you're desperate. Prices are through the roof. A stick of 512m PC133 that I paid $130 for 2 months ago is now $240. Ouch.

I have a medium speed system 800 AMD Athlon, 512 meg RAM, G-Force 2 MX, and JKII loads quick and runs perfectly.

When I first open the game and load, that loading takes maybe 45 sec to a minute, but then a quickload loads up super fast.

I would say its most likely your Voodoo card.

I have a Voodoo 5 5500, 256 meg ram, SB Live, P3 700Mhz computer, and the load times are horrendously long... though restarts of the levels are extremely quick (loading a save game makes it hang)

However on my friends comp (exactly the same, except he has a Geforce 3) the load times are extremely quick.

Archived