Home

Sweetness!!!!

Jepman

lordaeron.jpg

I started this skin on the Chiss model, the only one closest to a bald head model, on some angles looks sorta odd, but I'll release a new version in mid may when the sdk comes out.

First try at a naked torso and arm in JO and frankly am QUITE pleased.

(another character for my upcoming JO sp level)

Looks good so far.

A few suggestions: The abs are too wide. follow the nipple down and blend them into the stomach more. The shoulders are also misplaced, follow the contour of the model, and you should get a better result there. You may also want to add a texture overlay to his flesh areas with these huge textures JO uses.

Head looks pretty good for a bald head from this model. Did you paint the whole face? Big thumbs up if you did, and if not I'd suggest you do for your own feel good. I'm not too fond of the style of his brazers, but that could just be a personl thing.

Keep it up.

I think it looks great... Did you have any reference pics that you looked at while skinning the muscles? I'm working on a 'muscle man' skin too. Which can be found in this thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45562

Problem is I used my head to mainly come up with how the muscles looked. Could use some reference pics if your willing to share...? :jawa

Thanks Cheshire for the tutorial. Right now I'll stick with my technique to finish off my current skin. But later I would like to create a whole new model, and then look to that tutorial for more help. Thanks again!:jawa

Got anymore helpful tuts? Or can most be found at polycount?

the arms aren't bad, but the stomach area is....odd

the abs are too wide, way too well defined, and way too....even

(get it...odd and even har har har)

and his belly button looks like he just got shot ;)

but the head's nice :)

try mottling your skin more (multicoloured), and make it a little more pink

Looks good !

The abs are indeed too wide...

And they are starting too high. Too close to his chest.

Belly muscles are generally not connected to the chest, you know.

The part between the breast and the abs (no idea how it is called) can sometimes look like part of the abs, but in your case this specific area would be far too big to match.

And the alignment of the three rows of abs would be off.

I advise using referrence material.

Nothing wrong with that.

...and...yes...That belly-button would like to see some surgery...(regarding human standards). ;)

The shoulders are somewhat too small and (as mentioned by someone else) do not connect correctly.

...which brings us to the area between his neck and chest.

Aside of being too bland (add veines, muscle-lines, etc) it is too wide as well.

Bring the shoulders in a good bit closer.

On another note, your shading lines are too thick, especially surrounding the abs.

The change from light to dark is too sudden.

That makes his abs look like bulbs on dark brown skin.

The bordering area (between light and dark) has to be softer.

That is all I would point out now.

Good work, so far !

Pretty neat-lookin'. But there's one factor here that people seem to dupe when comparing biological attributes....This is a Chiss, not a human. I think any eccentricities here should slide. ;-)

Speaking of which, I've never seen a gray Chiss, or one with green eyes before. Not doubting its authenticity, though, 'cause it's pretty cool.

Archived