Home

Why Is There No Darth Vader!!!!

nubby

Originally posted by Raynaga

YOu have to admit it is rather difficult to go through all the topics to make sure your question has not alreeady been answered due to some idiot disabling the search feature...

--R--

If you think the administrators of this forums are idiots, please stop posting here. Search has been disabled because the server can't stand to process the huge database with so many users online at the same time.

Even I, dolt though I am, won't complain about the search function. I wrote the JKII.net staff and asked them about it. They told me that it's due to low bandwidth... Seems legitimate; I've had problems getting the site to load on demand and I'm getting 2megabits per second at work... so...

I didn't realize that you could subscribe to a forum, so I've lost tons of threads...not really willing to go through 900 something past threads.

Hell, you can still go somewhere even though you have a disagreement with the management. Would be like never going to a free theatre of the arts because you don't like the lack of food vendors.

In regards to bandwith, all I know is that boards like the BIS Official Messageboards have far more traffic than this site gets and is able to maintain an active search function. Admittedly that is a company backed site so perhaps they can afford better servers than this place, but the fact still stands.

--R--

Archived