Home

Game won't load- Glide error?

N8P

I bought this game a couple weeks ago, when I had a Voodoo4 installed in my system. After playing JK2 for a while (with the help of the WickedGL drivers) I decided it'd be a good time to get a new graphics card and bought and installed a GeForce 4 MX. Now when I try to start JK2 it goes through the console loading sequence, then is interrupted by an "ERROR" dialog box with no text and an "OK" button. When I click on "OK", it then gives me an "illegal operation" message, with details: "JK2SP caused an invalid page fault in module GLIDE3X.DLL at 0167:03047408." This happens in SP, MP, and safe mode for both. I installed the latest drivers, but that didn't help. What should I do?

I can think if something that could help but I'm not sure.

Search for GLIDE3X.DLL ( with your Windows search function ) and rename it into GLIDE3X.bak . If that doesn't help or if it messes up something you can always change it back.

Originally posted by N8P

I bought this game a couple weeks ago, when I had a Voodoo4 installed in my system. After playing JK2 for a while (with the help of the WickedGL drivers) I decided it'd be a good time to get a new graphics card and bought and installed a GeForce 4 MX. Now when I try to start JK2 it goes through the console loading sequence, then is interrupted by an "ERROR" dialog box with no text and an "OK" button. When I click on "OK", it then gives me an "illegal operation" message, with details: "JK2SP caused an invalid page fault in module GLIDE3X.DLL at 0167:03047408." This happens in SP, MP, and safe mode for both. I installed the latest drivers, but that didn't help. What should I do?

Uninstall the voodoo drivers, this is a common occurance from 3dfx's glide. You can try using add/remove Programs to get rid of it.

Well, I did that and it's giving me the Could not Load OpenGL Subsystem error. Is there a specific set of drivers I should use for the Geforce4, or should I just go with the latest (which I'm using now)?

Originally posted by N8P

Well, I did that and it's giving me the Could not Load OpenGL Subsystem error. Is there a specific set of drivers I should use for the Geforce4, or should I just go with the latest (which I'm using now)?

Latest at http://www.nvidia.com, I think its the only set officially released for the GF4 to be honest.

but in your case, try deleting the jk2config.cfg and jk2mpconfig.cfg files first, since you switched from a voodoo card to an nvidia, it needs to redetect your hardware.

Originally posted by N8P

I don't have the .cfg files, since I uninstalled and reinstalled JK2 completely and haven't been able to start the game up since reinstalling...

Ooh.... Wow, when i said remove using add.remove,. I was reffering to the 3dfx drivers. But like the first guy said use find/search and kill all glide*.dll files.

• 2 weeks later...

NBP,

How did you determine you had a "screwy opengl32.dll driver" and how did you fix it?

I did the same thing as you, upgrading from a Voodoo5 card to a NVidia GeForce Ti 4600, and can't get JKII to run again.

Thanks.

Archived