Home

hello there, co-op?? maybe??

Daft Jax

Hello,

ok well i am new here so i dunno if anyone has discussed this yet but i will anyway :)

I was playing on the single player blasting away the troopers as ya do... and a friend said it would be cool if we could go through the singles together like other games have done :)

Now i think this would just make Jedi Knight 2 more leet then what it already is....

what i wanna know is what the thoughts of other gamers in the Jedi comunity are on this idea...... A co-op version of the single player :)

Tnx :)

Has popped up before as it is a very cool Idea, we might try and do co-op levels as a version of team FFA in our Crimson Empire mod, with one team defaulting to a lot of bots. Fairly simple objectives - such as rescue this person and evac them to here, the emphasis will be heavily on combat. (either as or against the royal guard...)

(note, no projected release time for our mod, still sorting out the time it takes to do all the extras on models and playing with triggering in JK2 radiant.)

yeh , ive just started playing single player recently ,

but you have a bot chasing you around so i dont see why they couldnt make it coop and have a second person running around with you instead ?

how hard would it be ? :)

Irimi-Ai, where in their site is the co-op informaton cos i cant seem to find it. A specific page url would be great :) Also is this mod going to allow the exact same single player missions to be played with a partner or is it going to be whole new differant missions. Cos I am hoping its the same single player missions.

here's a link to their forum:

http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=153

you may need to expand the view to see the thread about the co-op. it's all there. oh, and it'll be the exact same single player missions, just co-op. plus, it'll be a co-op 'tool'. that is, any other single player level you download in the future you'll be able to play in co-op!!

Irimi-Ai

Thanks mate, you know your the first person I have read to actually give that most vital information - that it is the current SP missions with co-op.

But will you be able to go from mission to mission like you do in SP? eg: when you complete the first mission, does the second one start up straight away like it does at the moment.

Also wht about the Yavin Trials? Both people will need to do it?

i'm just getting this info from the interview that was done with the wired lamp studios people. there's a link in their forum to this interview. the people on the team said they didn't see any reason why the levels shouldn't load just like in SP. i'm not sure about the yaving trials, though. that'd be a good question to post on their forum.

Irimi-Ai

In other words, make a series of largeer maps...

Have up to say 6 players on two teams.

each team has a limited number of spawns, to get more you need to rack up kills...

Each team has a Bot pool of sorts.

for example, the rebel side has rebel bots, and light jedi as player characters.

the dark/reborn/remnant side has various bad guy bots, or just storm troopers, and dark jedi with dark force powers.

the bots simply spawn as they always do, in various locations around the maps. you can capture a spawn point by capturing the flag for that location by taking that flag and running it to your home base. once thats done the flag is returned to the location, so the other team can take the spawn.

the bots when killed give you say X number of points, where Y number of points is needed for each spawn of the player.

killing another player gives you Y points each kill.

Taking a spawn base, gives you say double Y points.

Bots will fight eachother, and anyone or anything on the oposing side.

the game ends when either the enemies flag is taken or one team runs out of points, OR the time limit is reached.

Possibly even make turrets usable on the home bases for those so inclined.

Make it possible to set the players to either play as a Jedi (no weapons other than the saber and force powers) or some kind of hero character with no force powers or lightsaber, but player style health and shields.

Make the bots, as easy to kill as in the SP game and poof... instant cool team based co op game, with lots of strategy, and excitement for the whole family.

you can kill bots, capture flags (only players can do that), Kil other players ETC. It would end up playing like a movie almost. you would have say 1 jedi for every ten bots.

Now maybe this would be too much for the game engine, but god, now THIS would be my idea of some cool team based co op!

firearms made Co ops like this, where if you didn't have enough players, bots would replace them, and others did exactly the kind of thing I am talking about without the inclusion of points or flags, just objectives ETC.

i just wonder if the JKII engine can handle it?

Oh well just an idea :)

wow :) nice one on the weird lamp url .. most helpful and it to be SP levels even better

Demangel

the idea of a team co-op i like the sound of that but as u say would the JK2 engine manage it. i personally think it would :)

or am i just hoping it can so it gets made ;)

I think instead of just having the standard missions be co-op, though I'm not complaining about that, I would really like to see a game do something special with co-op missions. Some sort of mode where you are split up and need to accomplish certain things in seperate parts of the map to help each other get to a common point... or maybe you would need to give your commrade a boost by having him leap off of you to reach a certain ledge... I dunno. I am sure there are lots of ideas that really utilize co-op play and don't just throw you into the same sorts of situations you find in single play.

Think about it... there could be an NPC boss that needs to be double teamed in some way to be beaten... instead of you both just wailing on him with sabers. Something to sink your co-op teeth into and not just do the same ole progress through the level, throwing switches type of play.

I think it would be cool anyway...

Archived