Home

Zip to pk3

Ravenbf

Hello all,

well I have edited my first skin (yeah I know, big deal:D ) but I can get it to show up in my game. It is still showing it as a zip. I went in and named it skin.pk3 but when I hit properties it still shows it as a zip and like I said the skin doesn't show up in my game. It is located in the base folder like the other skins I downloaded. So is there a way to change the format to pk3 since renaming it didn't help.

Thanks

There are a couple of possibilities;

1. you may have double named it (skin.zip.pk3)

2. You may have a glitch in a buffer that will not allow it to process. (Try restarting... also happened to me)

3. It may just be telling you that it is a zip file (i.e. one that can be opened by a zip program)

4. You could try downloading pakscape (try typing the name into yahoo) and use it to create your pk3.

I hope this helps. Let us know.

Right, well basically what you are doing is just re-naming the file. So instead of having mod.pk3 you have mod.pk3.zip.

To get it into a .pk3 file the process is fairly simple:-

In a folder in windows goto view --> folder options. Then click on the "view" tab at the top of the box uncheck the box that says "Hide file extensions for known file types". Now hit apply and ok. Head back to your file and highlight it, hit F2 and type "whatever.pk3". Windows will give you a warning message asking if you are sure you want to change the file extension. OK it and you're set!

Hope that made sense.

Have learned what a bot is. A Computer Controlled Character in a MP (multiplayer) game; in this case JK2.

Since I cannot do MP yet due to dual CPUs I will have to focus on maps and such till I can mess more with bots and these really slick skins people are generating.

I had the same exact problem but this helped me fix that. Now I have a new problem. My icon isnt showing up ingame it has all of the other custom made skins but not mine. can someone help me with this o and my skin is based off of Al Macdonalds Obi Wan I dont know if this will help but I just thought i might add it in.

Archived