Home

Playing different music while in-game

Baleine

Has anyone found a way to do this? Playing mp3s (that are in the game's pak files or outside) while in-game, without resorting to having winamp running in the background before launching the game?

I know there is a music comand in the console, where you must type "music musicfile etc" but every time i enter a filename, it doesn't work. I've tried with the game's packed music where I would check the file name in the pak file using winzip, to no avail.

I asked this a while ago, but got no response. I'm hoping somebody has figured it out by now. Thanks!

I did this without any problem...just got some mp3s, made sure they had one-word filenames(no spaces or anything) and put them in a pk3 file. Didn't give them a directory or anything. In game, if I wanted to play imp.mp3(yes, the Imperial March of course), I'd just type in the console "music imp" without any quotes. One thing however.

This will NOT work on pure servers, and probably not on most...it only worked when I was playing as my own server...mainly because pk3 files will not be used in a game unless the server gives it an ok...which requires them to have the pk3 as well, and it probably has to include the exact same files.

So I guess it's kinda come down to "yes and no"...sorry.

Archived