Home

Sweep move w/o having person behind you?

<k0oMio>

was playing today on quake**** server, and some crazy guy was doing the sweep move w/ me standing right in front of him. He ofcourse was winning by like 20 due to this.

He would run up to me, face me.. sweep me.. and guess what? i died omg.

Any ideas how the sweep is possible this way? Ive tried hard to figure it out. No luck yet.

:ewok:

• 5 weeks later...

I've seen a player doing this too.

I thought it was suss so I specced him the whole round.

He'd run up to a player whose is standing directly in front of him and do the backsweep.

Only things I could think of how he is doing it is

a) High mouse sensitivity - but this is unlikely as he was picking up ppl as they ran past and hitting them.

b) Hes scripting.

Cheers

Raist

That I believe is a script. I have seen people do it also. With a script, you can set your position to the opposite of what it is now, the the slash, then reset your position.

I might build one to do this to test the theory, but I am 95% sure (i know a fair bit about Q3 scripting) that it is indeed a script.

- Vorax

I don't think you can script a 180 degree turnaround, especially not one that players wouldn't be able to see.

Possible it's some equivalent of an aimbot or something though.

Or he's found some quirk to the backslash; I suppose it's possible if you press close enough against an enemy the game would think you're behind him and trigger the attack.

It could very well be a script. They would just set their yaw speed up to some insanely high number so they could turn without you seeing, attack, and then turn them back around. It would require a bit of tweaking on each machine, but very very possible.

.k.

Ya, it's doable...I built a script to do it last night. I tested it against the bots and it works, but not always (about 75% of the time, it always does the job, but somtimes misses). cl_yawspeed 1000 with a 2 waits and a +right. You can do the 180 turn on a dime and start the slash. Although, at that speed I could probaby be seen turning. If it was boosted to 5000-10000 i would probalby turn invisibly. I combined the script with the pulldown. So you just stand in front of the guy, hit the key, he falls to the ground, you turn around and do the backslash....one key death. You just hit it and hold for half a second while someone is with 7 feet of you.....Gawd they gotta fix that!! I am not going to release the script, nor will I use it against people, so don't complain, and don't ask. I only built it to experiment.

- Vorax

its sad how skilless the people using this are however. i got myself very good at the push/backstab move after reading artifex's original guides to the 1.03 patch. i was a shameless knockdown/slasher, but once people started to become adverse to it, i stopped, and began to integrate it into standing fighting and introduce other moves into my repetoir (spelling?).

i saw a guy using a script like this the other day. he was so horrifically bad at the game however, that he was doing it with very low accuracy. but, it's the principle of the thing, so i switched to a shameless pull/slash killing spree (only on him and the poor other player who was using the same model & saber colour as him), and still managed to take him down without him touching me once.

i think there's only something to fear when the good players begin using scripts like this, but most of the good players are also above to lameness, so i wouldnt predict that this script will become too much of a problem ...

Archived