Home

Binding Force Powers

Doughb0y78

I would like to bind my light and dark force powers to one key like say grip and absorb, for when I choose to be one or the other Force side I dont have to re bind everything, or is there a script I can use to rebind stuff? I dont know... give some answers or comments thanx...

The easiest method would be to just make 2 different configs in your /gamedata/base directory. One config is sabercolor/model/forcebinds/etc for Lightside (named, for example, light.cfg) the other with all the same info for Dark (dark.cfg).

Then just drop your console and "/exec light.cfg" or "/exec dark.cfg" to load all the binds and settings for that configuration.

You could also then do something like "bind F1 exec light.cfg" and "bind F2 exec dark.cfg"...then you could switch between configs with a keypress.

Not sure if there's a better way to do it, but that should work.

try this:

bind x "force_A; force_B"

that will work :) but beware...if you are using the Dark Side make sure that grip, drain, and lightning come first (force_A)

EX = bind r "+force_grip;force_heal"

that will use grip will DS and heal while LS

hope that helped, any other ?s about scripts just hollar

Building on this thread, how can you add the ability to respawn with your dark forces or light forces configured properly.

In otherwords, you can save a profile for dark and light force settings. Can you add that profile to the end of either the light or dark.cfg file?

Something like this for light.cfg:

// Light Force Keys

bind q "force_speed"

bind r "force_pull"

bind s "+moveleft"

bind t "force_seeing"

bind u "messagemode2"

bind v "+movedown"

bind w "force_heal"

bind x "force_absorb"

bind z "force_protect"

kill; wait; respawn light ctf

where light ctf is the force configuration you have configured and saved in the game/player menu.

Thanks for the help,

Dim-Ize

Knightly,

Thanks for that tip.

However I am running into a problem with it....for the light side, I activate force absorb or protect, and everything works fine. When I hit the key again to turn off, it turns off the absorb or protect, and then instantly turns it back on. Net result being i can't turn it off unless I run out of force juice. Any suggestions?

Also, I was wondering if anyone knew how to do a multi-key bind, like assigning shift+a key to a task. Ex. Shift+R assigned to scroll prev weapon.

Thanks,

TDS

No, i don't think its that, kurgan. If I rebind the key so it only has the light side power, it works fine.

I ended up going the separate cfg file route as mentioned above. I have a light cfg and dark cfg, along with two keys bound to execute them.

Thanks for the link!

TDS

the light.cfg and dark.cfg config files are great :)

one more thing i've found to be extremely useful, is if you're a push/pull enthusiast (like me hehe), and have a mousewheel, then binding mwheelup to force_throw (push), and mwheeldown to force_pull works really well. it allows me to throw unprepared players around with impudence, and the things you can do to jumping players! you can then bind mouse3 to your favourite other force power (speed, heal, drain, grip, whatever) and you're set.

i usually have my wheel bound to pull/push, mouse3 (pressing the wheel) to either grip or mind trick, and then i have my last force power selected (drain or heal/absorb) so i can quickly activate it by hitting F.

ok, for the multiple cfg files of Light and Dark...you can either bind the same key to do both DS and LS forces or use 2 different configuration files as lawen stated in the first reply...make sure you build them in microsoft word (not notepad), all you need in each is the keys you want changed...also, within your main jkmpconfig.cfg file just bind 2 keys to execute those files, dont mess with the console...ex: "bind [ exec dark.cfg" "bind ] exec light.cfg" and that should do it...if you wanted to slap a few other command changes to change skins and light saber color that would be cool too...the think the commands are: "seta model name/default" and "seta color2 #" respecitevly where name = model name (ex: luke) and # = colors 1-6 (red, blue, green, etc)

now for the 2 key tasking...i dont believe JK2 allows a "shift + X" type of command but i guess it could be possible through scripting...not sure how to do it but i could try if you wanted ;) you can set switch commands though (on/off) where you push it once and it does one thing, push it again it does another...

with the dual use of one key, are you putting a "+" in front of your absorb and protect keys?? OR are you forgetting the semicolon ";" between the commands?? either of those would trigger the force loop...i dont think it recognizes the "+" command with any force that doesnt use it but it might, havent checked...again, if a force (ex: +drain, +lightning, and +grip) are used in the key bind, put them FIRST, use a semicolon, then set the light side (ex: +force_lightning ; force_protect) that way the game knows the + key is set to work only while pressed...if that doesnt answer any ? let me know, i tried to get em all

you were indeed correct my friend :) the stupid dual use wont work with a + involved...why im not sure but it gets confused on how to shut down the force_absorb/protect with a dark side + used before it, oh well...solution will have to be creating 2 new cfg files with the binds you want, isnt too hard...make a new word doc and slap the binds you need in it, name it Light.cfg or Dark.cfg...then open your main jkmpconfig.cfg file and bind 2 keys to execute your new files (/exec Light.cfg or exec Dark.cfg) now that one WILL work ;) not sure why it isnt supporting the previous method but you gotta go with what works

Archived