Home

Force Crystals?

Zuckuss13

Hi,

Not posted for a while but i'm back now, Jedi Knight 2 is great, but i was just wondering what the Force crystals do that you get off the shadow troopers, i haven't completed it yet or anything, i'm takin my time, i am olny on the swamp level,

Thanks

Scott,

If there has been a post like this before could somebody please give me a link

Thanks Alot

*ROFL* :)

SW fan that I am, I still dare to call it 'mana'. Simply because it is a pure gameplay element and there is no namely equivalent to it in the StarWars universe.

I mean, how can you 'run out of force'? There isn't even anythng like a 'force charge' (like 'battery charge') in SW, so, THIS thing is still most properly described as "Mana". :D

As long as it's about the concept, then force is the right term - but when it comes to measurable amounts, it's MANA. :D *g*

Digital_Ronin

:tied:

Everybody's just referred to it as "mana" ever since JK1.

You could call it your "force reserve" or your "force pool" but its an adequate description and people familiar with the concept in game-terms as a store of magic energy is applicable here.

I mean, how can you 'run out of force'? There isn't even anythng like a 'force charge' (like 'battery charge') in SW, so,

Actually, there are in several places in the Extended Universe, including the Tales of the Jedi (which I'm accepting as canonical since I snuck a peek at the new DK SW2 book :D ). You have such things as the Sith Crystals and the Kaiburr Crystal--both can augment the Force to incredible levels in a user. They're thought to be types of living beings that, though they're not sentient, still generate Force energy. This energy is then joined with that of the user's to give a burst of power that could lay waste to entire armies in the days of the Old Republic.

Originally posted by Digital_Ronin

Exactly.

And they can even OVERcharge it - sometimes you can see your forcemeter pulsing to indicate that you currently have more 'mana' than it can display.

Digital_Ronin

:tied:

I've never noticed that ... maybe I need to slice more shadowtroopers ... thanks for the pointer.

... BTW - I call it 'mana' also.

Archived